Thread: [RESOLVED] problem on mdiform and toolbar

Frenzied Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] problem on mdiform and toolbar

I have this main form mdiform and I just knew that I cannot place a textbox or a label there to show any text messages of some sort that I want to display.
    Is there a way to place a textbox or label there?

On the other hand, I want to make a marquee text on the toolbar something like that would look like a prompt message. I would like to ask how is it done.

I already tried putting the picturebox there and placing the textbox in the picturebox and it works. but the problem here now is that the child forms are now below that picturebox.
    Last edited by codesearcher; Jul 23rd, 2013 at 12:23 PM.

Re: problem on mdiform and toolbar

You can add textboxes and labels on the toolbar.
    Code is the Void

Frenzied Member

kivisoft, can you tell me how to do that? i have been reading til now in google but no article on this.

just drag and drop them on the toolbar. toolbar is a control container like a form or a picture box. in your case, toolbar is the obvious choice
    Code is the Void

What about a status bar at the bottom of the form? That's the kind of stuff it's for... just add one, then create a status panel, and set its text property...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Frenzied Member

kivisoft, wow I did not realized that nor tried that.

I tried to put a label but its placing itself on the back of the toolbar, why is that?

Set a picture box in the desired position on the toolbar, make it flat and set the border style to none and change the back color to the color of the toolbar. then add the label on the picture box.
    Code is the Void

Frenzied Member

thanks for the reply kivisoft. while waiting for your reply I also tried that.

do you have an idea on changing font size marquee like if I have the word STATUS, the first letter to the last letter will change one by one of its size. what I have now is running marquee.