Thread: Vb Volume mixer controller

Vb Volume mixer controller

I have searched around for the past hour, and can't manage to find an updated script that allows you to access the windows 8/7 volume mixer. I need my application to find spotify in the volume mixer and mute it upon a button click. I hope someone can help, this is annoying me.

Re: Vb Volume mixer controller

I need my application to find spotify in the volume mixer and mute it upon a button click.
    Why? Spotify must be open and playing and so has it's own mute button. The mixer is available in just one click and has its own mute button. What is there gained by using your button instead? In any case why would you mute rather than pause? What's the point of playing a track when you can't actually hear it?
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by dunfiddlin View Post
    Why? Spotify must be open and playing and so has it's own mute button. The mixer is available in just one click and has its own mute button. What is there gained by using your button instead? In any case why would you mute rather than pause? What's the point of playing a track when you can't actually hear it?
    I have made my script so that it detects if spotify is playing an ad. Since the spotify api is VERY hard to use and isnt compatible with vb.net, I has resorted to the next best thing. Muting the app. All I need is a little help.

Hmm. Two problems. First is that Spotify ads are ultimately what pay for it so I'm tempted to say, man up and deal with it. The second is, if you think the Spotify API is VERY hard to use then you haven't ever looked at Windows volume control! The absence of guidance on t'Web is in no small part due to the decided risk of insanity resulting from any attempt to bring it to heel! Unless you really like esoteric programming (and if you find the Spotify API difficult I suspect you don't!) I'd go for an AutoHotKey macro or similar.

There is a Windows version of LibSpotify though, isn't there, so it can't be incompatible? Mind numbingly difficult possibly but not incompatible?
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Quote Originally Posted by dunfiddlin View Post
    Hmm. Two problems. First is that Spotify ads are ultimately what pay for it so I'm tempted to say, man up and deal with it. The second is, if you think the Spotify API is VERY hard to use then you haven't ever looked at Windows volume control! The absence of guidance on t'Web is in no small part due to the decided risk of insanity resulting from any attempt to bring it to heel! Unless you really like esoteric programming (and if you find the Spotify API difficult I suspect you don't!) I'd go for an AutoHotKey macro or similar.

There is a Windows version of LibSpotify though, isn't there, so it can't be incompatible? Mind numbingly difficult possibly but not incompatible?
    Should I just not do this? Is that pretty much what your saying? If I don't know how to do it, then don't do it?