Politics Are BS-VBForums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 90

Thread: Politics Are BS

  1. #1

    Thread Starter
    The DirectXpert Jacob Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,072

    Politics Are BS

    I am sick and tired of how politics are today. I am sick and tired of Democrats. And I am sick and tired of Republicans. So here is my rant on anything politics. Because now and days to me its a sick joke. And it makes me feel that we Americans have been played like fools. So I'll unleash any topic I can from the top of my head.

    Rants about Republicans
    Yes I was once a Republican. Back when it was based on conservatism and individualism. But the party has become a crock. They instead are a bunch of Progressive Republicans rather than conservatives. which basically means moderate Democrats with a Republican label. They have become weak. They seem to stand in the sidelines while the Dems ram legislation down peoples throats. Or even accept secret backdoor deals with the Dems, just so the Dems can get legislation passed. Republican Presidential candidates now and days seem to never interest me, and although they will seem to campaign as a conservative, by the time they get voted in, they run as a progressive instead. The last true conservative president we had was Reagan. And a lot of them now wanna change their own values just so they can get reelected and stay in power.

    Rants about Democrats
    No offense to Democrats but I despise them. And I'm referring to not people in general cause I love people regardless of who they are or what they believe in, but rather what their beliefs are. And I'm manly emphasizing and referring to our own congressmen, senators, presidents, and sadly...even liberals. The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Democrats believe big government is the answer to all of our problems. They believe in getting as many people heavily dependent on government as humanly as possible by the use of entitlements in exchange for votes, which in turn sacrifices our freedoms and liberties. As long as people get their free stuff, they will continue to vote Democrat just to get it. This is the complete opposite of individualism and freedom. Are you the type of person who is self-reliant and depends on yourself and/or your family? Or are you hopelessly dependent on government and surrender yourself to the state? Modern Democrats are now the "Tax and Spend" party. They find ways to raise as many taxes as possible, borrow as much money from other countries as possible such as China, and spend like there is no tomorrow. More has been wasted than has done good. Another thing is that they get most of their funding by special interests groups, such as the environmentalists, the gays, the women rights groups who support abortion, the blacks, the hispanics, etc. I didn't wanna name organizations because there are too many to name. And as long as Dems support homosexuality, abortion, climate change, amnesty, and civil rights, and continue to push for political correctness, their campaigns continue to get funded, and help them get reelected to stay in power. Now when you think about it between both parties, is this what we've become? Whatever happen to us believe in our own values, rather than shifting em and changing them just to get elected?

    Rants about Presidents
    Our own presidents, for the lack of a better word, suck. And this is with both parties. They have sworn to protect our constitutional rights, yet they fundamentally try to destroy it for the purpose of their own agenda. Look at whats going on with gun control for example. Look at what was going on with the Patriot Act during the Bush years. Look at Obamacare which was forced upon us. And since they use a teleprompter in just about every speech rather than speaking from the heart with substance, they've become nothing more than puppets. So when something goes wrong, the stupid public can blame the president rather than blame who's really at fault. Obviously its not the presidents agenda from just one person. But from a higher order. A New World Order.

    Rants about homosexuality
    Now don't get me wrong here. I have nothing against gays. I use to have gay best friends. And they are a blast to hang out with. I do however have a problem with how they are. Homosexuality in itself goes against the very laws of nature. And to religious people, it is a very sinful lifestyle. To others, people find it very uncomfortable and weird. Just as weird as watching two gay men make out in public like its nothing. But without care our society is trying to make it comfortable and doing everything they can to make it "normal". This is also part of our own governments agenda. Look at what happened when just recently our Supreme Court justices (who's mostly extremely liberal) forced Gay Marriage on us, just so homosexuals can get marriage related benefits. Again this is just another way to get a minority group of people to surrender themselves to the state, and depend on government for the sake of votes. This is why homosexuals vote democrat. They vote for the party that supports them and their lifestyle. Our own government and society is also trying to make a transgender seem normal. Imagine being a student at a public school sitting in class, and a male student walks in dressed like a girl. If anything that will interfere with all the students trying to learn. Transgenderism will make it ok for guys to walk in a girls bathroom/lockerroom, and vise versa. Just imagine going to the bathroom with one and how uncomfortable it will be. Don't allow these people to normalize weirdness. It leads to the downfall of society.

    Rants about climate change
    If you learned anything from history, you would have learned that back in the 1970s, the Dems were saying that the world was getting colder, and we were gonna soon be entering an ice age. It never happened. Then in the late 90s starting with Al Gore, they were all saying that the world was getting hotter, and that the polar icecaps would melt, and....yeah 15 years roles by and nothing happened. Don't listen to people pushing the belief of Global Warming or Cooling or Climate Change on you because it is a liberal ideology. All for the sake of controlling and taxing society. This is why we haven't built a new oil refinery in over 30 years. This is why our gas prices are so high with all the regulations, and the fact that were not even trying to drill or build a pipeline all the way from Alaska. This is why Obama and his cronies want Cap and Trade to control the carbon emissions from all the corporations and factories, forcing them to fork out more money to the government. The funny thing about CO2 is that we need it to survive. Plants need it to survive. Its like government trying to control how much oxygen is in our atmosphere, and want us to have less of it to dumb down society. Speaking of dumbing down society.....

    Rants about our public school system
    ...To be continued. Reached nearly the 10000 character mark and I have to go. Be back with more political rants soon

  2. #2
    Web developer Nightwalker83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    12,482

    Re: Politics Are BS

    You think that is screwed! Here in Australia we now have our former Prime Minister as our Prime Minister! I say that because Kevin Rudd is our Prime Minister now was replaced by Julia Gillard several years ago. Although, just a few days ago Rudd won his old job back in a leadership spill.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    Please consider giving me some rep points if I help you a lot.
    Links to my code examples can now be found on my website: My websites
    Please rate my post if you find it helpful!
    Technology is a dangerous thing in the hands of an idiot! I am that idiot.

  3. #3
    Lively Member homer13j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Divorced Salesmen's Polka Club
    Posts
    68

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Political parties do not care what is in your best interest, or what is best for the country. Their sole purpose is to acquire and wield political power.
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." -Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel

  4. #4
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,033

    Re: Politics Are BS

    They are most concerned about (a.) whatever gets them more votes, and (b.) who gives them the most money either directly or indirectly. Note that (b.) often controls (a.) anyway.

    Money lets them take part in the psyops campaigns to change the minds of people, both about voting for them and for accepting the causes they add to the banners they wave.

    It has to be that way unless you could actually get money out of the process. Think about it: anyone bad at (a.) never gets into office. Those in office make the rules.


    As soon as eating babies becomes the issue of enough wealthy groups... you'll suddenly see a campaign ramp up over several years to make you wonder why you ever thought eating babies was a bad thing. It'll use a lot of emotional trigger words like "fairness" and "freedom" and "life" and such in Orweliian fashion.
    Last edited by dilettante; Jun 28th, 2013 at 06:55 AM.

  5. #5
    Frenzied Member NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Top of the Perch
    Posts
    1,155

    Re: Politics Are BS

    While i don't necessary agree with your politics i defend your right to believe whatever you want to believe but i have a problem with some of your views on homosexuality in this thread-

    Now don't get me wrong here. I have nothing against gays.
    This is just another variation on 'i am not racist but' or 'some of my best friends are black' but for gay people!!

    You quite clearly have a problem with gay people and comments like this - 'Homosexuality in itself goes against the very laws of nature' really spells that out.

    Here is a question for you, do you have the same problem with lesbians as with gay men?

    Also have you not noticed that you desire to want gay people to conform to what is 'normal' goes completely against your idiom of - individualism and freedom. Or does that only mean the freedom to agree with 'religious people' as your refer to them?

    What gives you the right to tell someone how they should live there private life?

    Personally i am straight but i really don't give a Monkeys if 2 gay people want to get married / live together or engage in any other activity in there private lives.

    Just as weird as watching two gay men make out in public like its nothing
    This really should be a question of respect, there is a time and place for public displays of affection for both gay and straight people, and you should be respectful of other people regardless of your sexuality.

    They vote for the party that supports them and their lifestyle
    Isn't that true of all of us? isn't that the point of political parties?
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you



  6. #6
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    11,033

    Re: Politics Are BS

    The gay marriage issue is current in the US and emotionally charged on both sides.

    However I don't think it helps that so much current coverage is about all the new rights and financial windfalls married gay couples should now expect, ones single people for example don't get.

  7. #7
    Lively Member homer13j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Divorced Salesmen's Polka Club
    Posts
    68

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Grampa: (sees Bart wearing a tuxedo) So what am I not invited to this time?
    Bart: A gay wedding. But I can get you in.
    Grampa: You can? Is it an open bar?
    Bart: No, cash.
    Grampa: (storms off) Aw, the whole thing's an abomination!
    "Bones heal. Chicks dig scars. Pain is temporary. Glory is forever." -Robert Craig "Evel" Knievel

  8. #8
    Loquacious User Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    23,844

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post

    However I don't think it helps that so much current coverage is about all the new rights and financial windfalls married gay couples should now expect, ones single people for example don't get.
    What's your point here? Single people have never gotten any financial advantage that married people got, so how is it different for gay marriage?

    The argument I've always liked best about gay marriage is the one that is roughly: Why shouldn't they be made to suffer just like hetero couples?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  9. #9
    PowerPoster dunfiddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,241

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Look at what happened when just recently our Supreme Court justices (who's mostly extremely liberal) forced Gay Marriage on us
    They did no such thing. They simply declared it unconstitutional to make gay marriage illegal by statute. In other words they took away the powers of any State to declare discrimination legal (something which one might have hoped it would be unnecessary to even rule on in an allegedly democratic, free society!) You are not required to like or approve gay marriage any more than you are required to like or approve free agency or the designated hitter. You are simply required to accept that neither State nor Country will endorse your disapproval or allow it to be in any way a barrier to gay people exercising their civil rights!

    Transgenderism will make it ok for guys to walk in a girls bathroom/lockerroom, and vise versa.
    No, it won't. The acceptance of transgender people does not for one moment suggest that we're all both male and female and nobody can tell the difference! Not that I really give a stuff if it does. The loos in a lot of clubs and bars have been unisex for years! What are you afraid of, rampant promiscuity? Cos I'm pretty sure that the sight of men peeing against a wall will not be an instant turn-on for the female population!

    Imagine being a student at a public school sitting in class, and a male student walks in dressed like a girl. If anything that will interfere with all the students trying to learn.
    Yeah right. Cos it'll be totally different to turning up in the 'wrong' training shoes or an out of fashion item or being the school geek or ..... And why the discrimination? What if a girl walks in dressed like a boy? Oh, that's right they've been doing exactly that pretty much all my life and nobody gives it a second look. Today's weird is tomorrow's normal and always has been.

    No offense to Democrats but I despise them. And I'm referring to not people in general cause I love people regardless of who they are or what they believe in, but rather what their beliefs are.
    So that should have started "No offense to Democrats but I despise their beliefs" should it not? Mealy mouthed self-justification methinks and decidedly unconvincing!

    And to religious people, it is a very sinful lifestyle.
    If by 'religious people' you mean the self-righteous prigs and the deluded terrorists that constitute the 'evangelical', 'charismatic', 'Spirit-led', shameless bastards who call themselves Christians but haven't a shred of understanding of the Christian faith and its theology, reckon it is. Here's the thing though, by true Christian standards every human being on Earth leads a very sinful lifestyle so to pretend that there are degrees, a comparative scale of righteousness available to judge one man 'better' than another, is at best deluded and at worst (ie. in most churches!) dangerous, destructive and worst of all (the unforgiveable sin?) life-denying.
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

    Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

    Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

  10. #10
    Fanatic Member SJWhiteley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South of the Mason-Dixon Line
    Posts
    958

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Since it's late, here, I'm just going to say, 'what Jacob said'.

    (And Dunfiddlin, You need to read what the supreme court overturned, because the result doesn't mean what you think it means).
    "Ok, my response to that is pending a Google search" - Bucky Katt.
    "There are two types of people in the world: Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data sets." - Unk.
    "Before you can 'think outside the box' you need to understand where the box is."

  11. #11
    Loquacious User Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    23,844

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    Imagine being a student at a public school sitting in class, and a male student walks in dressed like a girl. If anything that will interfere with all the students trying to learn.
    Imagine being a student at a public school sitting in class, and a female student walks in dressed like a girl. If anything, that will interfere with all the male students trying to learn.

    Fortunately, JR is a dying breed. The world is getting more tolerant of differences. I'm not surprised that some people whine about it, after all, they are losing.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  12. #12

    Thread Starter
    The DirectXpert Jacob Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,072

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Imagine being a student at a public school sitting in class, and a female student walks in dressed like a girl. If anything, that will interfere with all the male students trying to learn.

    Fortunately, JR is a dying breed. The world is getting more tolerant of differences. I'm not surprised that some people whine about it, after all, they are losing.
    The tolerances are unfortunately part of the downfall of our society. Where morality and family values are thrown out the window. Our country was found upon Judeo-Christian values. And now our own society and government is giving that the middle finger and turning our world upside down. You can only tolerate things for so long. But in the end, deep down inside, you know something is very very wrong. To put it short, the world is slowly going to hell. Back then since its founding all the way upto the 50's, America as a whole was once a very religious nation. Where God was widely accepted and our nation actually had morals and family values. And as you look through the 60s, 70s, 80s all the way up to now, you will notice that society has degraded itself. Starting with pornography which became huge during those eras. Then heavy psychedelic and cocaine drug use during the hippie era and disco era. And as you continue to look through our history, you'll notice that our nation is becoming more sinful and destructive. But where do we draw the line before we as a society realize we done more harm than good and end up living in a world similar to that of a futuristic movie such as Judge Dredd where it is high crime, everyones dressed as punks, and so on and so forth. Probably not the best example out there but you get my point. Its frightening where we are headed and where our children are headed. Theres a reason why homosexuality is a political issue. Because otherwise if it was so ok and nothing is wrong with it, then why is it an issue at all. Deep down no matter how tolerant you are, you know something is wrong with it. There are a number of Americans out there who still believe in God in a variety of ways. Whether it is Judaism, Christianity, Catholicism, Islam, Hindu, etc. And in just about nearly, I'm not saying all, but nearly all religions out there says that homosexuality is extremely sinful. Muslims alone practically execute homosexuals. But you should hate the sin, not the sinner. To tolerate the sin would be a sin in itself. When you know something is weird and you feel uncomfortable about it, you can't tolerate it because your conscience is telling you its wrong. Take murder for example. Once you kill your first human being, you have that adrenalin rush because your conscience has gone crazy telling you that was very wrong. And that lasts for a long period of time, even weeks or months. But when you kill again its not so bad, and again and again. You start to tolerate it and you are use to it. You still get that rush, but your conscience stopped bothering you about it. That is how society is becoming on homosexuality sadly. They get so use to the idea, that the sin doesn't bother them no more. But there are still people out there who have the very idea of homosexuality affect their conscience, and that is why it continues to be a political issue.

  13. #13

    Thread Starter
    The DirectXpert Jacob Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,072

    Re: Politics Are BS

    [EDIT] Whoops I accidently posted the wrong thread. Not with the previous post but this one in this box o.O

  14. #14
    Loquacious User Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    23,844

    Re: Politics Are BS

    You're too young to be such a curmudgeon. However, you are not too young to wear rose tinted glasses. In your case, the perscription might be a bit strong. Society wasn't so wonderful "up to the 50s" as you seem to think. Sure, there were family values. If you didn't share them you would be assaulted and possibly murdered. We have a history of lynching those we don't agree with. This gets most press with black suppression in the south, but that was just the most publicized/systematic example. We've also lynched other ethnicities, Catholics, other protestants, non-Christians, and so forth. Those we didn't lynch we beat, suppressed, exploited, and so on. We've not just been moving towards a more tolerant society, we've also been moving towards a less violent society.

    Still, if you are for freedom and liberty, why should your idea of sin be the one that I have to live by? Is it because conservative theologists in various religions (which are NEVEr about freedom or liberty) all say so? So what? That would be a tautological argument, at best.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  15. #15

    Thread Starter
    The DirectXpert Jacob Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,072

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    You're too young to be such a curmudgeon. However, you are not too young to wear rose tinted glasses. In your case, the perscription might be a bit strong. Society wasn't so wonderful "up to the 50s" as you seem to think. Sure, there were family values. If you didn't share them you would be assaulted and possibly murdered. We have a history of lynching those we don't agree with. This gets most press with black suppression in the south, but that was just the most publicized/systematic example. We've also lynched other ethnicities, Catholics, other protestants, non-Christians, and so forth. Those we didn't lynch we beat, suppressed, exploited, and so on. We've not just been moving towards a more tolerant society, we've also been moving towards a less violent society.

    Still, if you are for freedom and liberty, why should your idea of sin be the one that I have to live by? Is it because conservative theologists in various religions (which are NEVEr about freedom or liberty) all say so? So what? That would be a tautological argument, at best.
    And that is why politics are BS. It doesn't matter what side politically anyones on, there will always be a nonstop war on the other. Civil rights was needed because there wasn't anything wrong with blacks. They are human beings just like you and I. Same true for homosexuals. The only difference is, its not a sin to be black. It is a sin to be gay. And most of society still considers it a sinful lifestyle, while everyone else sees nothing wrong with it. This war will never end as long as religion exists. Because you can't change peoples religious views for the sake of tolerance. If Christians for example strongly believe that marriage is a bond between a man and a woman under Gods eyes to make them one flesh, and has been for 1000s of years, and our government is trying to force Gay Marriage and changing the very definition of traditional marriage just so they can receive entitlements and benefits, then yes it is a very big issue. And if our own government is forcing churches to marry gay couples, then it goes entirely against our 1st amendment rights constitutionally.

  16. #16
    PowerPoster dunfiddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,241

    Re: Politics Are BS

    The tolerances are unfortunately part of the downfall of our society.
    This is an absurd notion which depends entirely upon the supposition of an ideal world that simply never existed, never has existed, and never will exist.

    Pornography didn't start in the 60s. It didn't even start in the 20th Century. One of the first and most lucrative uses of photography after its invention was pornography. In word and drawing pornography stretches all the way back to the first civilisations on Earth!

    And what the blue blazes are family values and morals when they're at home? For the most part social constructs designed almost entirely to hide the reality of the human condition. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of history knows that when a nation most appears to be moral in public is precisely when it is most immoral in private. The accepted norms of child-care and family discipline in your Golden Age were nothing short of appalling abuse for the most part. Our present society is not less moral. It is, however, profoundly more honest and none the worse for that. As an interesting sidebar to your vision of social destruction, divorce rates have gone steadily down in all 50 states since 1990. Crime rates are down across the board (though you won't like the reason that is now widely accepted as to why this is the case!) Yup, we're off to Hell in a handcart alright.

    As for cocaine. Do you really think that it was invented in the 60s? It was so common at one time that no-one thought it odd that it should be one of the original ingredients of Coca-Cola. Drug use or abuse is as old as the hills. Addiction clinics have been around since the 19th Century. Alcoholics Anonymous published its 12-step program in 1930 but alcohol abuse is a virtual constant in American History.

    Theres a reason why homosexuality is a political issue. Because otherwise if it was so ok and nothing is wrong with it, then why is it an issue at all.
    The enfranchisement of women was a political issue. Do I take it then that you also consider women voting to be a sin? The abolition of slavery was a political issue. Perhaps they got that one wrong too? The definition of rape to include forced sex in married couples was a political issue. Another bone-headed decision? You are aware of the definition of politics, I assume? Matters concerning the people ... all the people.

    Muslims alone practically execute homosexuals.
    I don't know where to begin with this! Americans, good upstanding Christians that they are, waterboarded, detained without charge, and generally abused Muslims because of their alleged excesses in religious zeal. Now you want to make them an example of what's right about religion? Strict Muslims also forbid the keeping of dogs, accept polygamy as a matter of course, and require their wives to cover themselves head to foot and walk several paces behind them at all times outside the home. Are they right about those things too? Meanwhile Christians attack, injure and occasionally murder doctors, staff and patients at abortion clinics. Perhaps you'd like to hold that up as enlightened? And, of course, nobody supports the death penalty like Christians do (in direct contravention of the example of that Jesus guy but, hey, who's counting?) God save us from the religious! They have no right to pretend to be the standard by which anything should be judged and the worst of it is that they long ago abdicated that claim all by themselves.
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

    Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

    Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

  17. #17
    Loquacious User Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    23,844

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    And that is why politics are BS. It doesn't matter what side politically anyones on, there will always be a nonstop war on the other. Civil rights was needed because there wasn't anything wrong with blacks. They are human beings just like you and I. Same true for homosexuals. The only difference is, its not a sin to be black. It is a sin to be gay. And most of society still considers it a sinful lifestyle, while everyone else sees nothing wrong with it. This war will never end as long as religion exists. Because you can't change peoples religious views for the sake of tolerance. If Christians for example strongly believe that marriage is a bond between a man and a woman under Gods eyes to make them one flesh, and has been for 1000s of years, and our government is trying to force Gay Marriage and changing the very definition of traditional marriage just so they can receive entitlements and benefits, then yes it is a very big issue. And if our own government is forcing churches to marry gay couples, then it goes entirely against our 1st amendment rights constitutionally.
    You're out of date. Tolerance of homosexuality wasn't so high ten years back, but it's now a majority view in all recent polls that I'm aware of. If this is truly a democracy, then the laws passed by the government should change to reflect that. They aren't forcing anything so much as keeping up. You are in a dwindling minority, and as such, you will always be somewhat oppressed by the will of the majority. Doesn't that suck?

    The bulk of US religiosity doesn't believe in the stricter rules of the religion they happen to say they follow. We don't stone adulterers. Get over it.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  18. #18

    Thread Starter
    The DirectXpert Jacob Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,072

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    You're out of date. Tolerance of homosexuality wasn't so high ten years back, but it's now a majority view in all recent polls that I'm aware of. If this is truly a democracy, then the laws passed by the government should change to reflect that. They aren't forcing anything so much as keeping up. You are in a dwindling minority, and as such, you will always be somewhat oppressed by the will of the majority. Doesn't that suck?

    The bulk of US religiosity doesn't believe in the stricter rules of the religion they happen to say they follow. We don't stone adulterers. Get over it.
    I'm not talking from my political point of view. I'm ok with homosexuals. I'm mearly saying that most of America is still religious and will continue to not except the sin. They won't change their views because changing their views would be against the beliefs from their bible.

  19. #19
    PowerPoster dunfiddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,241

    Re: Politics Are BS

    It is a sin to be gay.
    <Real World>

    You really don't get this, do you? You live in a secular democracy. There is no such thing as 'sin', there is only legal and illegal. Law has nothing whatsoever to do with morality, let alone notions of offence against God. Your Government has no brief, mandate, or authority to dispense law according to what you, the Pope, the Chief Rabbi or Billy Graham think is righteous and what sinful. If you want to live in a society where this is not the case, where law is dispensed entirely on religious principles then by all means move to Iran or Saudi Arabia (although I suspect even the latter is becoming a little too liberal by your standards!) </Real World>

    It is a sin to be gay.
    <Theology>

    You really don't get this, do you? If you apply God's standards correctly, every breath you take, every move you make, is sin. Anything and everything you do as an act of your own will is in defiance of the supremacy of God's will and therefore cuts you off from him. There are no degrees. Being homosexual is no more and no less sinful than being a baseball player, or a chef, or, and I mean this most sincerely, being a minister of the Church! You are not better than anybody by virtue of anything you are or do nor are they less than you. To God we are all the scum of the Earth every day, in every way! It is that which makes the act of love that is the cross so extraordinary, an act of love that Christians disgrace, defame, demean and spit on every day in your country and mine by counting themselves special, enlightened, wise judges of all they survey. </Theology>
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

    Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

    Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

  20. #20
    PowerPoster dunfiddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,241

    Re: Politics Are BS

    from their bible
    A Freudian slip? A most apposite one! There's nothing less Biblical than Biblical Christianity!

    most of America is still religious and will continue to not except the sin.
    Oh would that that were true. I assume you mean 'accept'? What is right is not now, nor ever has been, the same thing as what most people believe is right. Unfettered democracy is nothing but tyranny in fancy dress.
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

    Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

    Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

  21. #21
    Loquacious User Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    23,844

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    I'm not talking from my political point of view. I'm ok with homosexuals. I'm mearly saying that most of America is still religious and will continue to not except the sin. They won't change their views because changing their views would be against the beliefs from their bible.
    But they have changed their views:

    http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...es-ruling.html

    There will certainly be people opposed to that for a very long time. There are still white supremecist groups that assert that the bible endorses slavery, which it does, along with lots of other things that we disagree with or just find flat out strange. So, there will always be those that oppose this or that, but people change. Furthermore, the polls on homosexuality have changed too fast for this to be just a generational thing. For that amount of change to have happened that fast, people must have changed their minds or changed their responses to polls.

    If the polls are to be believed, the majority of the US now supports gay marriage, or at least doesn't oppose it. Who is the government if they are going against the wishes of the majority of the people. They may have decided that this isn't an issue that will influence how people will vote, which is probably true, but eventually they will end up reflecting the views of the majority. There will always be groups opposed, but that's the nature of life.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  22. #22
    PowerPoster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    I am sick and tired of how politics are today. I am sick and tired of Democrats. And I am sick and tired of Republicans. So here is my rant on anything politics. Because now and days to me its a sick joke. And it makes me feel that we Americans have been played like fools. So I'll unleash any topic I can from the top of my head.

    Rants about Republicans
    Yes I was once a Republican. Back when it was based on conservatism and individualism. But the party has become a crock. They instead are a bunch of Progressive Republicans rather than conservatives. which basically means moderate Democrats with a Republican label. They have become weak. They seem to stand in the sidelines while the Dems ram legislation down peoples throats. Or even accept secret backdoor deals with the Dems, just so the Dems can get legislation passed. Republican Presidential candidates now and days seem to never interest me, and although they will seem to campaign as a conservative, by the time they get voted in, they run as a progressive instead. The last true conservative president we had was Reagan. And a lot of them now wanna change their own values just so they can get reelected and stay in power.

    Rants about Democrats
    No offense to Democrats but I despise them. And I'm referring to not people in general cause I love people regardless of who they are or what they believe in, but rather what their beliefs are. And I'm manly emphasizing and referring to our own congressmen, senators, presidents, and sadly...even liberals. The difference between Republicans and Democrats is that Democrats believe big government is the answer to all of our problems. They believe in getting as many people heavily dependent on government as humanly as possible by the use of entitlements in exchange for votes, which in turn sacrifices our freedoms and liberties. As long as people get their free stuff, they will continue to vote Democrat just to get it. This is the complete opposite of individualism and freedom. Are you the type of person who is self-reliant and depends on yourself and/or your family? Or are you hopelessly dependent on government and surrender yourself to the state? Modern Democrats are now the "Tax and Spend" party. They find ways to raise as many taxes as possible, borrow as much money from other countries as possible such as China, and spend like there is no tomorrow. More has been wasted than has done good. Another thing is that they get most of their funding by special interests groups, such as the environmentalists, the gays, the women rights groups who support abortion, the blacks, the hispanics, etc. I didn't wanna name organizations because there are too many to name. And as long as Dems support homosexuality, abortion, climate change, amnesty, and civil rights, and continue to push for political correctness, their campaigns continue to get funded, and help them get reelected to stay in power. Now when you think about it between both parties, is this what we've become? Whatever happen to us believe in our own values, rather than shifting em and changing them just to get elected?

    Rants about Presidents
    Our own presidents, for the lack of a better word, suck. And this is with both parties. They have sworn to protect our constitutional rights, yet they fundamentally try to destroy it for the purpose of their own agenda. Look at whats going on with gun control for example. Look at what was going on with the Patriot Act during the Bush years. Look at Obamacare which was forced upon us. And since they use a teleprompter in just about every speech rather than speaking from the heart with substance, they've become nothing more than puppets. So when something goes wrong, the stupid public can blame the president rather than blame who's really at fault. Obviously its not the presidents agenda from just one person. But from a higher order. A New World Order.

    Rants about homosexuality
    Now don't get me wrong here. I have nothing against gays. I use to have gay best friends. And they are a blast to hang out with. I do however have a problem with how they are. Homosexuality in itself goes against the very laws of nature. And to religious people, it is a very sinful lifestyle. To others, people find it very uncomfortable and weird. Just as weird as watching two gay men make out in public like its nothing. But without care our society is trying to make it comfortable and doing everything they can to make it "normal". This is also part of our own governments agenda. Look at what happened when just recently our Supreme Court justices (who's mostly extremely liberal) forced Gay Marriage on us, just so homosexuals can get marriage related benefits. Again this is just another way to get a minority group of people to surrender themselves to the state, and depend on government for the sake of votes. This is why homosexuals vote democrat. They vote for the party that supports them and their lifestyle. Our own government and society is also trying to make a transgender seem normal. Imagine being a student at a public school sitting in class, and a male student walks in dressed like a girl. If anything that will interfere with all the students trying to learn. Transgenderism will make it ok for guys to walk in a girls bathroom/lockerroom, and vise versa. Just imagine going to the bathroom with one and how uncomfortable it will be. Don't allow these people to normalize weirdness. It leads to the downfall of society.

    Rants about climate change
    If you learned anything from history, you would have learned that back in the 1970s, the Dems were saying that the world was getting colder, and we were gonna soon be entering an ice age. It never happened. Then in the late 90s starting with Al Gore, they were all saying that the world was getting hotter, and that the polar icecaps would melt, and....yeah 15 years roles by and nothing happened. Don't listen to people pushing the belief of Global Warming or Cooling or Climate Change on you because it is a liberal ideology. All for the sake of controlling and taxing society. This is why we haven't built a new oil refinery in over 30 years. This is why our gas prices are so high with all the regulations, and the fact that were not even trying to drill or build a pipeline all the way from Alaska. This is why Obama and his cronies want Cap and Trade to control the carbon emissions from all the corporations and factories, forcing them to fork out more money to the government. The funny thing about CO2 is that we need it to survive. Plants need it to survive. Its like government trying to control how much oxygen is in our atmosphere, and want us to have less of it to dumb down society. Speaking of dumbing down society.....

    Rants about our public school system
    ...To be continued. Reached nearly the 10000 character mark and I have to go. Be back with more political rants soon
    Blah, blah, blah and then you die. Man up...

  23. #23

    Thread Starter
    The DirectXpert Jacob Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,072

    Re: Politics Are BS

    I am manned up. I'm just done with politics. Its pure BS. Even if you were to vote for a president. Doesn't matter what party they are affiliated with, you are choosing a puppet. Because thats all they are now. Puppets controlled by a higher order to continue their agenda. Some people say its the Trilateral Commission, Console of Foreign Relations, and the Bilderberg Group. They turned us into blind sheep and played us like fools. And they know this. Thats why they can say the stupidest things and know they will get away with it. Because they know most of America is uninformed or even misinformed. And yet the people continue to blindly go along with whatever party they are affiliated with just cause its labeled Democrat or Republican. They know they can spend and spend and spend until were nearly 20 trillion in debt, because they know most of the public will just shrug to it or not know its happening at all. We've become a gutless stupid nation, and the rest of the world knows this. Hell even the Arabs are laughing at us because were too stupid to not drill on our own land for oil and natural gas. Yet we continue to buy oil from countries that hate our guts. This is another reason why our gas prices are so high along with regulations playing a role. We as a nation need to open our eyes and realize what the hell is going on. Because one day, its gonna be too late.

  24. #24
    PowerPoster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: Politics Are BS

    I guess what I was trying to say, and not very well apparently, is that is the way it has always been. It is the nature of the human condition.

  25. #25
    Loquacious User Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    23,844

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Considering that the US is on track to become a net exporter of oil within a fairly short number of years, the last part of that rant is so last decade.

    I disagree with the rest of it, too. People are a LOT better informed than you realize, even when they are not. That isn't the problem at all. The problem is that on every issue there are a huge number of people pulling in every direction. If we were all on the same side of some issue, that issue would be solved. That's why you don't find canned babies at the supermarket: With the exception of a few Dahmer types, we're all on the same side on that one. The issues that are in the news are the issues where there is a difference of opinion. You listed several such issues yourself. If you were made king there would be a whole different set of laws in place, but I wouldn't be happy with them, nor would you be happy with the laws I would enact. Instead, we get this constant fight over every issue.

    I was listening to a talk by Grover Norquist yesterday evening. He was explaining why the Republicans should back the current immigration bill that the senate passed. He's clearly 100% behind the legislation, as written, and doesn't care a bit about the increased border security. In fact, he's probably opposed to increased spending on border security. He's also one of the most influential conservatives in the country these days. Still, only a handful of Republicans voted for the measure in the senate, and the house leadership has stated that they intend to kill the bill entirely, or at least get rid of the provisions that Grover so strongly supports. Therefore, within one party there is a fundamental disagreement on this one issue. A similar divide should exist in the Democratic party over the same issue, except that the opponents have all gone quiet, for now. If there's that much disagreement within each party, how is anything going to get done, ever?

    This is democracy. What is clear to one is muddy to another. What is right to one is wrong to another. What ends up happening is whatever makes it out of that grinder. It's not pretty, and it never has been, but there isn't an alternative that anybody prefers.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  26. #26
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,015

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Oh, blame the Greeks that invented democracy. Then again this twisted version of democracy has nothing to do with the initial concept.
    The modern system is probably a democratic tyranny.
    Don't get to much into today politics my friends. After all if they want to pass a law they will pass it and if they see resistance they will do it with variations. The solution is very simple but i will be probably get banned if i suggest it so...
    (Involves blood, politicians , wealthy people and such).
    Slow as hell.

  27. #27
    Frenzied Member NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Top of the Perch
    Posts
    1,155

    Re: Politics Are BS

    I'm just done with politics. Its pure BS. Even if you were to vote for a president. Doesn't matter what party they are affiliated with, you are choosing a puppet. Because thats all they are now. Puppets controlled by a higher order to continue their agenda.
    Conspiracy theories are us!!!!

    Politics has always been BS, its just that you have only just noticed as your country appears to be following a path that you don't always agree with.


    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Oh, blame the Greeks that invented democracy.
    Can we blame them for homosexuality too??? :0)

    They were also fond of a bit of man love in particular young men were encouraged to take older men as lovers. So you see these issues really have been around for a long long time.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you



  28. #28
    PowerPoster dunfiddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,241

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Oh, blame the Greeks that invented democracy. Then again this twisted version of democracy has nothing to do with the initial concept.
    The modern system is probably a democratic tyranny.
    No, you're missing the point. As Plato pointed out, all democratic systems are tyrannical because they, by definition, discount minorities (at best ignoring them, at worst persecuting them). It is not the case, nor has it ever been, that the number of its supporters demonstrates the veracity or moral correctness of an idea or decision. In fact, it is very much the opposite, in most cases! Therefore any system that depends entirely on numbers is deeply flawed.

    Representative democracy, as practiced in the USA, does at least have the virtue that it can protect minorities though it often fails to do so, which is why it is essential that separation of powers (executive and legal) be maintained. Those who make the laws must never be allowed to become the arbiters and interpreters of justice (an entirely different concept to legality). Whether you like it or not, the US Supreme Court has at least demonstrated that, in this respect, it's doing OK!
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

    Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

    Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

  29. #29
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Just for the record, you're not having gay marriage forced on you. That would mean you were being forced into a gay marriage, which you're not. Instead, a restriction that has previously been forced on gay people is being lifted. It is not you whom is being oppressed, it is they whom are no longer being oppressed. And the fact that you are uncomfortable with it is your problem to deal with, not theirs. You, not them, are the tyrant in this equation.

    Neither is homosexuality in any way "unnatural". It occurs throughout the animal kingdom and is not restricted to humanity. If you're going to play the religion card then God made gays.

    And finally, on the subject of religion, the US was not founded on Christian values. Quite explicitely it was founded on secular values. The separation of church and state is, in fact, fundamental to your constitution and your religious views should not be relevant to legislation in any way.
    When one of my minions says, "Hey, he's just one guy, what can he do?" I say "This"... and shoot them.

    The problem with putting your lair in a volcano is keeping your robot army from melting.

    I know that the human being and the fish can coexist peacefully - George Bush

  30. #30
    Loquacious User Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    23,844

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Prior to the US Constitution, and prior to the revolution, some states were founded on principles of religious intolerance. Lots of that lingered even after the Bill of Rights, and some of it lingers to this day, though the states in question have changed.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  31. #31
    PowerPoster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: Politics Are BS

    "And finally, on the subject of religion, the US was not founded on Christian values. Quite explicitely it was founded on secular values. The separation of church and state is, in fact, fundamental to your constitution and your religious views should not be relevant to legislation in any way"

    I think that was just brilliant of the founders! Whether it is the Bible, Koran, or whatever religious dogma I like our government not ruling based on what I consider superstitious old books. Christians have already interjected too much of their beliefs into it now.

  32. #32
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Politics Are BS

    some states were founded on principles of religious intolerance.
    True... but if we're going back to the thirteen colonies then your whole nation is founded on religious intolerance. That's why us Brits came over there in the first place. We were also attracted by your over-sized food portions, decent dental care and cheap petrol but that all came later.

    As Plato pointed out, all democratic systems are tyrannical
    Careful quoting Plato. If you read the republic in full you start to realise he was a complete fruit-loop who thought we should utterly subsume the good of the individual to the good of the state. He thought that children should be taken away from their mothers and trained from birth into their apropriate careers which they would then have no opportunity to change. Hell, the Nazi's used him to justify their ideologies. He was undoubtedly a great philosolpher with some interesting ideas but not exactly wholesome.

    I do agree with your overriding point though: Democracy is a good system, the best we've got, but there is nothing intrinsic about it that that guarantees it'll be "nice". We need extra measures, e.g. constitutions, to nice it up a bit.
    Last edited by FunkyDexter; Jul 2nd, 2013 at 12:21 PM.
    When one of my minions says, "Hey, he's just one guy, what can he do?" I say "This"... and shoot them.

    The problem with putting your lair in a volcano is keeping your robot army from melting.

    I know that the human being and the fish can coexist peacefully - George Bush

  33. #33
    PowerPoster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    True... but if we're going back to the thirteen colonies then your whole nation is founded on religious intolerance. That's why us Brits came over there in the first place. We were also attracted by your over-sized food portions, decent dental care and cheap petrol but that all came later.

    Careful quoting Plato. If you read the republic in full you start to realise he was a complete fruit-loop who thought we should utterly subsume the good of the individual to the good of the state. He thought that children should be taken away from their mothers and trained from birth into their apropriate careers which they would then have no opportunity to change. Hell, the Nazi's used him to justify their ideologies. He was undoubtedly a great philosolpher with some interesting ideas but not exactly wholesome.

    I do agree with your overriding point though: Democracy is a good system, the best we've got, but there is nothing intrinsic about it that that guarantees it'll be "nice". We need extra measures, e.g. constitutions, to nice it up a bit.
    Don't leave out dumping your criminals here...

  34. #34
    PowerPoster dunfiddlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,241

    Re: Politics Are BS

    If you read the republic in full you start to realise he was a complete fruit-loop who thought we should utterly subsume the good of the individual to the good of the state.
    Er ... not quite. You have to understand the milieu of Greek thought at the time. A man in the right place doing the right thing was a good man and a happy man by definition. Proper conduct is therefore goal for all. Plato is not alone in thinking therefore that an ideal and rightly ordered State actually promotes and fulfils the good of the individual to the ultimate degree. From our perspective that may look like 'fruit-loopery' but it was barely off-base for the time. And it has to be said it is not far off from a number of modern understandings of the proper ordering of the state!

    And fruit-loop or not his influence has never been totally absent from the UK's education policy and thus by extension its Government. You can still do yourself a lot of good by having Plato amongst your influences in England's green and pleasant land!
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

    Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

    Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

  35. #35
    Web developer Nightwalker83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Adelaide, Australia
    Posts
    12,482

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Just a few days a ago there was outrage here because one of our federal ministers swore on the Koran instead of the Bible! I mean in the end they both worship the same entity anyway.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    Please consider giving me some rep points if I help you a lot.
    Links to my code examples can now be found on my website: My websites
    Please rate my post if you find it helpful!
    Technology is a dangerous thing in the hands of an idiot! I am that idiot.

  36. #36
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    87,312

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Look at what happened when just recently our Supreme Court justices (who's mostly extremely liberal) forced Gay Marriage on us, just so homosexuals can get marriage related benefits.
    What a crock! People like you say "forced Gay Marriage on us" like they're making you marry another man. The ONLY reasonable issue anyone can have with gay marriage is a religious one. Personally, I have no issue with any religion refusing to marry gay people. We are happy to let religions practice all sorts of other made up stuff so why not that? What I do have an issue with is people trying to use the legal system to prevent gay people marrying. There is no reason to legally prevent gay people from getting married. People who talk about homosexuality being unnatural are really just trying to legitimise "God hates fags" by toning it down. If you ignore the religious aspect, homosexual people are as natural as left-handed people. The fact that gay people can't produce children together is neither here nor there from nature's perspective. I have no children and have no intention of ever having any. Does that mean that I should be prevented from marrying my heterosexual female partner? We love each other and want to share a life together. How is that different to a gay couple wanting the same thing? This may sound a bit offensive but it's the truth: I would rather watch two men kissing than a fat woman wearing a mini skirt. Does that mean that we should make it illegal for fat women to wear mini skirts?

    2007-2014

    Why is my data not saved to my database? | MSDN Data Walkthroughs
    MSDN "How Do I?" Videos: VB | C#
    VBForums Database Development FAQ
    My CodeBank Submissions: VB | C#
    My Blog: Data Among Multiple Forms (3 parts) | WP8 Turnstile Feather Transition with Pivot Control
    Beginner Tutorials: VB | C# | SQL

  37. #37
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    87,312

    Re: Politics Are BS

    No offense to Democrats but I despise them.
    Seriously? No offence, but you're a rank, hypocritical bigot. I don't mean you. I think you're wonderful. I mean your beliefs, which are obviously completely separate to you, the person. You'll obviously take no offence to this because I prefaced it with "no offence".

    2007-2014

    Why is my data not saved to my database? | MSDN Data Walkthroughs
    MSDN "How Do I?" Videos: VB | C#
    VBForums Database Development FAQ
    My CodeBank Submissions: VB | C#
    My Blog: Data Among Multiple Forms (3 parts) | WP8 Turnstile Feather Transition with Pivot Control
    Beginner Tutorials: VB | C# | SQL

  38. #38

    Thread Starter
    The DirectXpert Jacob Roman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Miami Beach, FL
    Posts
    5,072

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Another reason politics are BS. I said I hated both republicans and democrats, yet my words got twisted to make me look like a right wing hypocritical homophobic bigot. The point I was trying to come across was I'm OK with homosexuals, I have friends who are gay, and have nothing against them. But the government is using them for their support, their votes, and to get them dependent on government. Mostly through entitlements. In other words, using them. When I said that gay marriage was forced upon us, once again, my words were twisted around. I meant that the Supreme Court (who once again, is mostly liberal, and typically are) voted amongst each other to overrule all laws that banned gay marriage and declared that unconstitutional. Now think about it. Why not let the people decide and not a bunch of liberal judges decide whats unconstitutional? They could easy say guns are unconstitutional and abolish the 2nd amendment, but would that make that right? Our own constitution doesn't mention anything of homosexuality. During its creation, it was in mind that all men are created equal, regardless of who they are. And the biggest reason the judges allowed homosexuals to get married is so they can receive the same entitlement benefits as regular married couples, thus getting them dependent on government. How many more people do they need to be dependent on government? The government is suppose to serve us, not be Santa Clause for free stuff and benefits. They aren't our personal nanny. But people treat them that way. And that is what angers me the most. They use certain minority groups of people to get them hopelessly dependent on government. That is my whole point of this thread!!!

  39. #39
    .NUT jmcilhinney's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    87,312

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    I said I hated both republicans and democrats
    What is apparent from your words is that you hate Democrats (I know... not the people, only their views; The people are all warm and cuddly) and you hate modern Republicans for not hating Democrats enough. If you really think that legalising same sex marriage is about making gay people dependent on the government rather than allowing people who love each other to share their lives just as fully as other loving couples then I'm afraid that you have terminal cynicism.

    How can you possibly say that homosexuality goes against the laws of nature? If you take out any religious argument then the laws of nature just happened and human beings just evolved and homosexual people are part of that evolution. Are albinos against the laws of nature? Are dwarves? The only way that you can possibly believe that homosexuality is unnatural is if you believe that it is a choice to be homosexual rather than something that people are born as. Is that what you're saying? Just because something is unusual doesn't make it unnatural. Even if you think that homosexuality is a mistake, like blindness or being born without legs, denying gay people the right to marry a person they love is like denying the blind person a cane or dog and denying the lame person a wheelchair. Why do something specifically to block their happiness when it effectively has no impact on yours? It's not like gay marriage bestows additional rights on gay people; it simply affords them the same rights as everyone else. How is it that a gay married couple is "hopelessly dependent on government" while a heterosexual married couple is somehow the cornerstone of America society? The government is not giving and "free stuff and benefits" to gay people that heterosexual people, yourself included already have. If you're not dependent on the government because you can marry then why is a gay person?

    2007-2014

    Why is my data not saved to my database? | MSDN Data Walkthroughs
    MSDN "How Do I?" Videos: VB | C#
    VBForums Database Development FAQ
    My CodeBank Submissions: VB | C#
    My Blog: Data Among Multiple Forms (3 parts) | WP8 Turnstile Feather Transition with Pivot Control
    Beginner Tutorials: VB | C# | SQL

  40. #40
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: Politics Are BS

    Does that mean that we should make it illegal for fat women to wear mini skirts?
    Hmmm, you may have an idea there... Could I tack on an ammendment to cover crop tops?

    But the government is using them for their support, their votes, and to get them dependent on government. Mostly through entitlements. In other words, using them.
    Oh, I see. So what you're saying is that instead of legalising gay marriage we should have outlawed hetrosexual marriage. Because we wouldn't want hetrosexuals to be dependent on the state, of course.
    When one of my minions says, "Hey, he's just one guy, what can he do?" I say "This"... and shoot them.

    The problem with putting your lair in a volcano is keeping your robot army from melting.

    I know that the human being and the fish can coexist peacefully - George Bush

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Featured


Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width

Survey posted by VBForums.