Thread: VB6 MiniMP3 (Standalone)

VB6 MiniMP3 (Standalone)

Hi,

I have converted my Mini MP3 Player which was using Window Media Player available here to a standalone version. Any comments and suggests welcome.

Nightwalker
    Attached Files Attached Files
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

PowerPoster

Re: VB6 MiniMP3 (Standalone)

What is the blue horizontal bar that goes across the Form? Is it supposed to be the sine wave or what

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by jmsrickland View Post
    What is the blue horizontal bar that goes across the Form? Is it supposed to be the sine wave or what
    If sine wave is the same thing as the Oscilloscope then yes! I will try one of the other examples in the thread I started. I didn't think that one worked correctly because it didn't create the line as the song was player such as Win Amp, etc do.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

PowerPoster

It appears that you are getting the entire sound file and creating the wave pattern for the entire song rather than drawing the wave in real time which is what you need otherwise you will just get a static pattern.

However, there is a way around this. Use two pictureboxes. One picturebox is for holding the graphics of the wave, like what you are doing now, and the other picturebox is used as a vertical slider. It will slide across the 1st picturebox from left to right revealing the under-lying wave pattern as it moves horizontally across the picturebox. This will give the appearance of the wave being created as the music is being played as long as your slider pic is in sync with the duration of the song.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

I think that is what dilettante's example here does.

PowerPoster

I replied to your post in the other thread.