Thread: Defender of the Crown

Defender of the Crown

Attached Images Attached Images      

Re: Defender of the Crown

Brings back some old memories!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

I miss my Amiga 500. My brother has it now, along with about 3000 games, most of which were cracked into by.famous crackers such as Quartex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Roman View Post
    I miss my Amiga 500. My brother has it now, along with about 3000 games, most of which were cracked into by.famous crackers such as Quartex.
    We got rid of our Amiga!
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    We got rid of our Amiga!
    My personal reaction....

King of sapila

Yep. Defensively test area stuff. You should be ashamed dear sir, for posting the Amiga version that is.....DOS!
    Now i wonder how the heck did you remember such and old relic as Defender of the Crown..Hmm...
    Btw the game was called initially Defender of Saxonia a.k.a D.O.S. but rumor has it that an Amiga lunatic rushed into Cinemaware's studios holding a Flight simulator joystick, threatening that he will play kick off with it if they didn't change the title.So you know, they had to change it but they "dedicated" the final scene you see here to that Amiga enthusiast.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

What really is driving my mind crazy about the Amiga is this. Back then, piracy was huge on the Amiga. Its how games got out into the wild. And people loved copying games using XCopy or whatever other software, and sharing with other Amiga enthusiast. You can goto someones house who has an Amiga (which I've done), only to find he has boxes upon boxes of games, all of which were copied (and unique, not multiple copies of the same game mind you.) However, Amiga hackers (or actually crackers) were huge as well. Not only did they hardcore pirate the game and got the games into the wild, but they cracked into the game, occasionally left a cheat menu in the beginning prior to the actual game loading, and even put some kickass "cracked" music during that cheat menu. That was how they left their signature. Sadly this was never done with any other system. Just the Amiga as far to my knowledge. It was huge on the Amiga. My brother and I to this day have numerous copies of games that were cracked one way or another with some of the best music ever in some of them. Heres a nice video showing 4 hours worth

King of sapila

This was done on the PC also but not in such extend of music presentation(PC speaker) and probably no hack made cheats (then again i usually didn't cheat on a game so i may be wrong but no cheat menu at start that is for sure). Also the same on PC Disks stacked on boxes. Well i don't have boxes over boxes but i have(had) a big collection. I remember every 3-4 days going to "Stournari" street in Athens and shuffling back and forth between games disks to choose from.

King of sapila

$hit. I was goofing around with the demo and show Renegade. I've played it on Amstrad CPC! That brought back memories!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXOXLVW2vg

Was that before or after Double Dragon?

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    $hit. I was goofing around with the demo and show Renegade. I've played it on Amstrad CPC! That brought back memories!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTXOXLVW2vg
    It was a crappy fighting game but at least it was better than Bad Dudes. Btw the Amiga version was soooo much better

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83
    Was that before or after Double Dragon?
    Renegade was released at the arcades, consoles, and computers around 1986. Double Dragon was released around 1987. So before Double Dragon is your answer. And Double Dragon kicked more a$$ than Renegade. The game play shows.

King of sapila

I've been playing Double Dragon 2 on PC with my cousin for at least 12-15 years straight, whenever he comes by my house. I have played that game on 8088-386-486-Pentium-Pentium2-Pentium3-Pentium whateverigotnow and on Monochrome,CGA and VGA (no EGA).
    This is one of my top games ever and one of the toughest games ever on PC because of a glitch on the guy that grabs you and lifts you up while smashing your head (we call him "The Robot") and the final bad guy (we call him "The Machine gun shooter").
    This is the final game we play before he leaves the house and right after we have played Bubble Bobble PC version. It's a tradition that is going on for years. This game can be played on XP but on W7, dosbox is a must.
    Anyway one of the best games for me.

Renegade was released at the arcades, consoles, and computers around 1986. Double Dragon was released around 1987. So before Double Dragon is your answer. And Double Dragon kicked more a$$ than Renegade. The game play shows.
    Ah, Double Dragon was better but it was too short! Only 5 levels from memory.

King of sapila

Short? So With how many quarters you were finishing the arcade?
    P.S. Monochrome DD2 i've played was a Hercules card.

So come on let's tell the world! We aaareee Defeeeenders of the crownnn!...

King of sapila

So how about the hardest game to beat without cheating on your computa?
    Bleh, i posted the question but i can't recall. I am sure Shinobi on PC was one of the hardest and Double Dragon 2. Both have glitches that made them very hard to beat....
    Damn i can't think of another one..Prehistoric was easy, err, Batman(ocean version) was hard for what i remember...The first Space Quest old version cuz i dina have internet back then for tips.
    But surely it must be and arcade. Some arcades where very hard..Ah Lemmings but for the life of me i can't recall if i finished that one.

Next question: What game you where considered an ace?
    Me: Double Dragon 2 (15 years of practice) and Sensible Soccer. Never lost from a human player til this day.

Short? So With how many quarters you were finishing the arcade?
    Ah, I thought you meant the Amiga version.

So how about the hardest game to beat without cheating on your computa?
    Bleh, i posted the question but i can't recall. I am sure Shinobi on PC was one of the hardest and Double Dragon 2. Both have glitches that made them very hard to beat....
    Actually to be honest. In my gaming experience, and believe me I played a lot of games and happen to be quite knowledgeable on them. Shadow of the Beast for the Amiga 500, even to this day in comparison to every game in existence, is by far the hardest game ever made. Even harder than Shinobi and even harder than Ninja Gaiden for the NES! The graphics to this game back then were mind blowing, the music is still awesome, the gameplay and controls are fluent and incredible, but the difficulty factor is through the roof. They only give you 12 HP as your energy, and one life. No continues. And you can choose to either go left or right, and depending on the area, up or down as well. Taking the wrong path could lead you to force yourself to commit suicide since you are stuck. Here are some examples of what I mean. If you didn't walk pass that door at the end of the outdoor level to grab the torch, you are literally walking in darkness and cannot see, nor can you get out the way you came in. If you didnt take that certain ladder to go up to grab the wrench, and kept going left, sure you will find the awesome gun, but you are stuck and cant get out because you are blocked by the machine thats running the lightning gate that hurts you if you touch it, and blocks your path, not to mention you cant go back up the ladder cause you cant jump that high. If you didnt take either of those paths and go right, sure if you survive, youll approach the boss, but you cant hit it because you dont have the gun, and cant go back. And even if you do kill the boss, if you didnt get the key from the previous dungeon, you are stuck. The whole entire game is about trial and error, but thats not what makes the game hard alone. The monsters are the most difficult yet, and its very easy to get hit with all the fast paced action. Surviving the whole game on just 12 measly HP, with barely any health powerups is a royal pain. I to this day cant pass the 1st dungeon pass the outside level, and suck harder on the second. And I've been playing this game for over 20 some odd years. It has a lot of variety, and even tosses a curve ball on you. One of the levels even changes the genre of the game, and turns into a flying shooter. One boss even kills you with one hit.

King of sapila

Yep, i knew about SOB but i didn't want to spoil the it for you by naming it. To be honest i haven't played it in that extend since it was not available to PC.
    I also remembered R-type after a while.
    Thank got we got Psygnosis Sega Ocean and not EA and Ubisoft back then.
    There was also a very very addictive game that i was playing when i was crossing the sea to get to Halkida (30 minutes cross by ship) it was a soccer game that the screen was below you (like a table), looked like kick off stile. That was also one of my favorites in general (not PC). I found it in MAME a while ago but i forget it's name.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

For me the most impossible game was SkoolDaze on the ZX Spectrum. Now that's going back a bit.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Yep, i knew about SOB but i didn't want to spoil the it for you by naming it. To be honest i haven't played it in that extend since it was not available to PC.
    Ya know I never quite thought about that. SOB is an SOB lol. I'm starting to see the irony of the abbreviations.

Anyways if you wanna see what I mean on hard, heres the longplay of it. Great Music BTW for 1989:

There are a few places claiming to still sell the Amiga, etc! Don't know if the modern drives can read the old Amiga disks but if so then you could use an emulator to play the game on pc.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker83 View Post
    There are a few places claiming to still sell the Amiga, etc! Don't know if the modern drives can read the old Amiga disks but if so then you could use an emulator to play the game on pc.
    Need an Amiga emulator? Here ya go WinUAE.zip

You'll also need the kickstart 1.3 which I provided. You should be able to use modern drives and the emulator could read off them. However I prefer the roms.

King of sapila

Yep.Had the emulator and many ROMS but a HD crash(WD HD as usual, oh well) took that away. I can still get everything again if i like and i just dusted off my old classic sensible soccer - kick off joystick so i could give it a go.
    But mostly i MAMEize these days. And i am replaying Icewind Dale's (next i the new M&M coming soon (i predict a big BS UBI game but anyhow)).
    Ah, i also forgot that pac man and tetris can be considered very hard games. Also a very hard one after a level and up was spectrum's Eric and the floaters (a primitive dyna blaster). My cousin had the keys i was spraying the bombs(typical).

Need an Amiga emulator?
    That is the emulator I was think of but I forgot where I downloaded it from nor could I remember where I located the kickstarters. Also, there don't seem to be roms for a lot of games. Maybe we could create new ones?

I have a ton of them but my brother on the other hand downloaded a zip file that contained every Amiga game ever made, with numerous versions and crackers for the cracked games. I got but a handful, which alone is a lot, but mainly the games I grew up with. And since my laptop is hooked into my 40 inch HDTV, I have the settings to make it fullscreen and stretch, and let me tell ya, it looks beautiful. I use a wireless keyboard, wireless mouse and a playstation style controller. It just looks amazing on here. I keep it on the PAL setting because I have a feeling my Amiga was PAL based even though I grew up with it here in Florida just to keep it at the framerate and speed that I remember. Otherwise the music sounds a little too fast, and the games run too fast. If you need any games let me know. I also know a ton of sites that carry Amiga roms, and I can even help you with a few configurations so you get that fullscreen nostalgic perfection.

I have a ton of them but my brother on the other hand downloaded a zip file that contained every Amiga game ever made,
    Really? I couldn't find a lot of the roms I was looking for and some of those that I found you had to pay for.

King of sapila

Well, i know a guy, a really bad dude that is using Torrents to, you know, find stuff, you know, that they (TORRENTS!) are legal, well, sort of, and (TOOOREEENTTTSSS!) you know. That is a very bad guy, i wouldn't want to face him in the mirror some day so...Ohh his comiiinggg ohh shiiiitttt!!! Gotta goooo!

Heres a bunch of them, And no they are not torrents. :

http://www.emuparadise.me/Amiga_ROMs/List-All-Titles/4

------------------
    Need this for another thread

@Jacob,

If only this were in the part of the for you could give rep.

Please, rate my chit chat posts

Ignor this Im uploading more pics I need