Thread: [RESOLVED] can vb6 be used to write a bad word filter for movies

Fanatic Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] can vb6 be used to write a bad word filter for movies

im wanting to filter movies for my mom ,with all the bad words in ever movie now she misses some good shows .
    is it even possible in vb6,if so where do i start?
    thanks

PowerPoster

Re: can vb6 be used to write a bad word filter for movies

Very possible but not with VB6 unless you want to write your own video and audio editing apps. There are samples of audio editing apps on PSC but I haven't seen any for video.

You have to edit sound channel using a good sound editor, editing out the bad words (you would have to do that yourself). To keep the edited sound channel from being out of sync with the video you would have to replace the length of the sound of the bad words with either a beep (which would be annoying) or a silence wave of the same length.

I did one once using Video Studio. I loaded the movie file into Video Studio. I played the movie until I came to a point where I didn't want either the video or the audio part. To edit out one of these you simply move a slider from one point to another which highlights the audio/video part you don't want and then do a simple cut. After I was done editing I had Video Studio rewrite the movie back out in DVD format and burn it to a DVD disk.
    Last edited by jmsrickland; Jun 6th, 2013 at 06:30 PM.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.