Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tech IQ: How Well Do You Know Visual Basic.NET 2012?

Re: Tech IQ: How Well Do You Know Visual Basic.NET 2012?

Quote Originally Posted by Joacim Andersson View Post
    C# is really named C#.Net just as VB is named VB.Net, however since there never been a C# that isn't for the .Net framework it's was easier for people to just drop the .Net part. But yes, just like ActiveX, .Net doesn't really say anything except that they are labels for a broad technology.
    I have to beg to differ a bit on this. C# has always been C# (except when it was 'Cool'). Visual C# was Visual C#.NET. Stating the obvious, Visual C#/Visual C#.NET is Microsoft's implementation of C#.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Yeah alright (even though I don't completely agree, adding the word "Visual" then you have Microsoft's complete implementation with all the tooling including all the various designers and stuff, C# has always been for .Net even though .Net can be implemented on other platforms beside Windows doesn't change that fact), however C# is still just the name of the language and my point is that the #-sign is not a "componentry name" as ThEiMp called it.
    Last edited by Joacim Andersson; Oct 21st, 2014 at 08:11 AM.

can someone help me with a project i have

@ridic...
    Post your question in the forum where other members will see it.

Is it really nessecary to humiliate the person if they get a low score?
    "I'm sorry, but you may want to read the book VB.NET for DUMMIES!"

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Well, VB.Net for Dummies is a good beginners book.

Also that I suggest the Internet as a perfect medium to be trained on using tutorials that actually work. Funly enough that I have found ones that don't and then they have !!working!! codebank tutorials that say that they as do, when they don't. And that the programmer must be doing something very wrong to have it to do that, in which it is doing on their system.
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Sinecure devotee

Quote Originally Posted by lolman8776 View Post
    Is it really nessecary to humiliate the person if they get a low score?
    "I'm sorry, but you may want to read the book VB.NET for DUMMIES!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joacim Andersson View Post
    Well, VB.Net for Dummies is a good beginners book.
    Yes, that is the name of the book, not a personal opinion of the test author.
    When the first "For Dummies" book came out in 1991, and others soon after, it was also the opinion of some that the title of the books were insulting and that no one would buy them, but they've had many bestsellers over the year, as quite a few people obviously recognize the humor and acknowledge that they want a book geared to try to simplify arcane knowledge in an easier to digest form.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Dummies
    Last edited by passel; May 23rd, 2015 at 12:36 PM.

Banned

Not very well, I'm only a programming toddler

We were all like that once, anyway
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Frenzied Member

I would have aced it if it wasn't for the Windows 8 questions! I fear Windows 8

Same here, I have had to purchase it twice to have it. Something like the fact that Microsoft had burnt the first copy so that I could only use it upto about a few months usage. Then this new copy or version of it, is actually very good and it likes to not show the video of a video playing in Windows Media Player 8.1, in which at this very point in time that I am writing this I am now faced with, that fact of the matter, even. I don't fear Windows 8.1, I hate it so much that they want to give me nightmares about that fact, even to this day, as such and then the like...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12