Thread: Problem installing VB 6.0 Service Pack 6 on Win 7 32 Bit Embedded PC

Addicted Member

Problem installing VB 6.0 Service Pack 6 on Win 7 32 Bit Embedded PC

This PC is from a company called Beckhoff based in Germany. Supposedly a typical Intel mboard and loaded with Win 7 32 Bit. Anyway, I did all the necessary mods to get the VB 6.0 install to work, but it crapped out on installing Service Pack 6.

I tried to run acmsetup.exe, and in properties I did set the compatability for WinXP and Run as Admin. It gave me an error " Can't find acmsetup.stf"

I went back to my Service Pack 6 download, found sp698ent.stf and renamed it to acmsetup.stf. Install seemed OK after that...

I have to develop several VB 6 modules on this baby, and control two other programs via OCX, praying it will work.

Re: Problem installing VB 6.0 Service Pack 6 on Win 7 32 Bit Embedded PC

So, are you saying you DID install SP6 okay? If so, this thread belongs in another section of this forum...if not, what is your issue?

acmsetup for service pack 6 would not load then found this file VB6.0-KB290887-X86.exe on microsoft.com this loaded sp6.

Bill

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by SamOscarBrown View Post
    So, are you saying you DID install SP6 okay? If so, this thread belongs in another section of this forum...if not, what is your issue?

" I'm sorry, I did solve the problem by renaming that file. At least the install completed successfully, I haven't actually done much in the way of development yet. I did load two of my old projects, all the components/modules seemed to load OK. I'm going to hack these two guys apart, and build a new guy out of the parts..."

So my issue is resolved but I wanted it to be here in case anyone else has the same problem. Seems to me I've gotten a lot out of this forum over the years, time for me to contribute a little...If this thread needs to be moved, I'm sorry.

Glad you were successful...these types of 'solutions' belong HERE