Thread: [RESOLVED] WPF: Binding to IEnumerator?

Resolved [RESOLVED] WPF: Binding to IEnumerator?

I have two buttons, (next button and previous button) that moves to the next or previous record, I am using IEnumerator for this and added the MovePrevious method. Upon moving records, I am manually populating the data of this FlowDocumentPageViewer. I am thinking, is there a way that I can just bind the FlowDocumentPageViewer to a collection or something so that when I traverse records then it will automatically reflected in the viewer?

Thanks!
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Re: WPF: Binding to IEnumerator?

You should probably be using some class derived from CollectionView, e.g. ListCollectionView for IList data sources. You bind your list to it and bind it to your controls and it provides the navigation. I've not used WPF much so I don't know all the details but I believe that you can use a CollectionViewSource in XAML.

You could put all record in an (invisible) listview and bind the FlowDocumentPageViewer to the selectedItem property
    VB6 & C# (WCF LINQ) mostly

If you need help with a WPF/WCF question post in the NEW WPF & WCF forum and we will try help the best we can

My site

My blog, couding troubles and solutions

Free online tools

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    You could put all record in an (invisible) listview and bind the FlowDocumentPageViewer to the selectedItem property
    Somehow I've considered doing that but I thought it maybe ugly. Looking at CollectionView for now, I hope it will work in my case.
    Regards,

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
    That would be a complete hack and a horrible solution. Controls are for user interaction and that is all they should be used for.

Re: [RESOLVED] WPF: Binding to IEnumerator?

CollectionView worked.
    Regards,