Thread: [RESOLVED] What is available for graphing?

Resolved [RESOLVED] What is available for graphing?

I want to do some simple bar graphs - what can I use to do this. Any libraries - jQuery related maybe...

Thanks!

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

Re: What is available for graphing?

Last edited by akhileshbc; May 2nd, 2013 at 11:15 AM. Reason: added Google Chart

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

I was trying out TufteGraph - which requires jQuery.enumerable.js - and that breaks other parts of my code - stuff in my SlickGrid editors, for some reason (can't bind keydown events....).

Do you know if Google Charts is costly in terms of size of api, for example?

In that designmodo link - have you used any of these yourself and found them lightweight and non destructive?

*** Read the sticky in the DB forum about how to get your question answered quickly!! ***

Please remember to rate posts! Rate any post you find helpful - even in old threads! Use the link to the left - "Rate this Post".

Some Informative Links:
    [ SQL Rules to Live By ] [ Reserved SQL keywords ] [ When to use INDEX HINTS! ] [ Passing Multi-item Parameters to STORED PROCEDURES ]
    [ Solution to non-domain Windows Authentication ] [ Crazy things we do to shrink log files ] [ SQL 2005 Features ] [ Loading Pictures from DB ]

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008

I am not sure about the merits or demerits. Because I have not used any of them yet. But I would certainly use one of them in my ongoing project soon.

Google's seems to be good, but I am worried whether they would take out the "FREE" tag after 2 or 3 years. But they assure that they won't do it till 2015 (check out the terms of service page).

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

I use jqPlot for all my charts. On desktop as well as iPad/mobile.

http://www.jqplot.com/
    http://www.jqplot.com/deploy/dist/examples/
    https://bitbucket.org/cleonello/jqplot/wiki/Home

Your best option is to clone the bitbucket repository and build/minify the latest sources yourself with Ant.

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...0/oevxEOqfumEJ
    CSS layout comes in to the 21st century with flexbox!
    Just another Perl hacker,

omg - jqPlot is so, so cool!!!

this small amount of code makes this graph (from the "slickgrid" data source that's behind it). Of course I had to loop through the row of data to build the s1 array - and I'm passing the ticks "headings" in from the sql that builds that slickgrid...

Code:
                var gPlot = $.jqplot('acs-graph-space', [s1], { animate: !$.jqplot.use_excanvas,
                    seriesDefaults: { renderer: $.jqplot.BarRenderer, label: strLabel, pointLabels: { show: true} },
                    axes: { xaxis: { renderer: $.jqplot.CategoryAxisRenderer, ticks: ticks },
                        yaxis: { max: maxP}
                    },
                    highlighter: { show: false },
                    legend: { show: true, location: 'ne', xoffset: 12, yoffset: 12 }
                });
    Made this graph!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Some Informative Links:

MS MVP 2006, 2007, 2008