Thread: [RESOLVED] SQL2012 Express - Trying to set two bits

Resolved [RESOLVED] SQL2012 Express - Trying to set two bits

This is driving me crazy:

I'm trying to insert records into a SQL 2012 Express database by specifying the columns of data. Two of the columns are bits and both receive the same value. However, at runtime only one of them actually gets set in the database even though the columns are set up identically.

vb.net Code:
    1. Dim sqlCmd As New SqlCommand
    3. sqlCmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO MyTable_tbl (YourName_nvc, YesCol_bit, StillYesCol_bit) VALUES(@name, @yes, @still)"
    4. sqlCmd.Parameters.Add("@name", SqlDbType.NVarChar)
    5. sqlCmd.Parameters.Add("@yes", SqlDbType.Bit)
    6. sqlCmd.Parameters.Add("@still", SqlDbType.Bit)
    8. For Each dt As DataRow In NewInvDT.Rows()
    9.     sqlCmd.Parameters("@name").Value = dt.Item(0).ToString()
    10.     sqlCmd.Parameters("@yes").Value = 1
    11.     sqlCmd.Parameters("@still").Value = 1
    12.     ' This is where I apply the sqlCmd to a Connection and executenonquery              
    13. Next

When I run the code, each record gets added without errors, except that YesCol_bit = 1 and StillYesCol_bit = 0, but they should both be the same.

I have tried doing this:

vb.net Code:
    1. sqlCmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO MyTable_tbl (YourName_nvc, YesCol_bit, StillYesCol_bit) VALUES(@name, 1, 1)"

This gets the exact same results where YesCol_bit = 1 and StillYesCol_bit = 0.

I have even tried setting the default value for both columns to 1 and just doing this:

vb.net Code:
    1. sqlCmd.CommandText = "INSERT INTO MyTable_tbl (YourName_nvc) VALUES(@name)"

Still same result.

What's even more aggravating is if I run the commands from query editor in SQL Server Management Studio, they all complete excactly as they should.

Has anyone seen this before?
    Show the love! Click (rate this post) under my name if I was helpful.

My CodeBank Submissions: How to create a User Control | Move a form between Multiple Monitors (Screens) | Remove the MDI Client Border | Using Report Viewer with Visual Studio 2012 Express

Re: SQL2012 Express - Trying to set two bits

Nevermind, I finally figured it out. I forgot to turn off the "produce annoying results" property.
    Show the love! Click (rate this post) under my name if I was helpful.

My CodeBank Submissions: How to create a User Control | Move a form between Multiple Monitors (Screens) | Remove the MDI Client Border | Using Report Viewer with Visual Studio 2012 Express