Alright, I'll start at the beginning.

I work for a small company, that uses software that is very poorly developed. I'm attempting to improve the workflow and capabilities of the system via VBS (and any other languages needed). I realize I stated I'm new, that however does not mean I do not know anything at all. I learn almost immediately and have an immense skill to understand anything I'm shown. I need someone to collaborate with me, essentially pointing out where I'm going wrong and where I can improve. If it seems like a tall order, let me say I'm willing to even pay for the help I recieve.

A little background:

I'm a Trumpf500 operator that is attempting to learn programming on the side. I have a decent knowledge of the ins and outs of programming. I had written a proof-of-concept script and a fellow worker had witnessed me using it. One conversation led to another, which led to speaking with our IT Devs, and then the main supervisor. After all the discussions I was given 1-2 months to come up with a working DEMO, not fully fleshed out program or anything too big, just a DEMO. Something that shows my idea and does what it needs to do.

The concept:

There is a program titled: ABC_Desktop we use to log our work. This software is slow, outdated (function wise not code), and open to errors as it relies solely on user input. I'm wanting to use VBScript, Html, xhtml, etc. to create a kind of "add-on" to the program. Something that runs alongside the program, essentially automating data input and helping to eliminate errors by reducing user input.

I suppose you could say it would function as a virtual peripheral. Why am I attempting this when the company could spend money on other software or developers? Well, firstly because I'm passionate about computer programming, and secondly I am being offered a promotion and a raise if i can accomplish this goal.

So, is there anyone here that can/will help me?