Thread: Mozilla Control Error

Lively Member

Mozilla Control Error

Hello everyone,
    I have downloaded and installed the latest version of "Mozilla Active X control 1.7.12" from
    Code:
    http://www.iol.ie/~locka/mozilla/control.htm
    Added it's component "mozctl.dll" in my vb6.0 project. It's browser is working fine and showing webpage.
    But I am getting error "Automation error Library not registered." on getting the html source of the loaded webpage.
    I am using codes

MozillaBrowser1.Document.body.innerHtml

I've searched about this error, but not getting any working solution. Which Library is not registered and how to register that? Where i am doing wrong. Please correct me and tell how to get webpage html source code by using Mozilla Control in vb6.

Thanks
    Regards,

Re: Mozilla Control Error

The error is likely because of the incomplete implementation of the Mozilla ActiveX Control. As you can probably tell, that control is no longer being developed. Their "latest version" is actually their "last version". Thus, it's unsuitable for any serious project. In fact, that browser control always crashes on me whenever a webpage contains any Flash content. It also has some difficulty processing certain JavaScript codes.
    On Local Error Resume Next: If Not Empty Is Nothing Then Do While Null: ReDim i(True To False) As Currency: Loop: Else Debug.Assert CCur(CLng(CInt(CBool(False Imp True Xor False Eqv True)))): Stop: On Local Error GoTo 0
    Declare Sub CrashVB Lib "msvbvm60" (Optional DontPassMe As Any)

Thread moved from the 'CodeBank VB6' forum (which is for you to post working code examples, not questions) to the 'VB6 and earlier' forum

If you are looking to do browser programming without IE, look here:

http://www.vbrichclient.com/#/en/Downloads.htm

I haven't tried it yet but it says you can use Webkit (and Cairo) in vb6.