Thread: [RESOLVED] Want to make iron-on transfer of Green Day from google image

Resolved [RESOLVED] Want to make iron-on transfer of Green Day from google image

I've messed up two sheets of iron-on paper and wasted lots of ink already.

We are going to see Green Day tomorrow and my daughters and I want to iron on images we've found on Google Images onto T-shirts/Hoodies.

The ones I've printed start off good, then have lines running across the image.

I know I need high megapixels but how high and how do I "test" this without so much waste? (I've started to use regular paper but am still wasting ink).

Thanks if you can help before tomorrow afternoon when we'll be heading out...

I beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Re: Want to make iron-on transfer of Green Day from google image

What does this have to do with development?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

That's okay. Forget I asked.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

In case anybody, besides Nighwalker83 who was extremely rude to me, wants to know the outcome - it was actually a problem with the printer cartridge, not the image. We changed the cartridge and it printed perfectly. I'll post a photo after the concert!

I've posted in the wrong forum before - my posts are usually politely moved. I always read the category descriptions before I post if it's a topic I don't usually post about, to try to find the right one. That's why I feel insulted. It's not like I asked what kind of tomato plant grows the best. To me this question was something a developer could help with - we work with image resolution on web pages all the time. So Nightwalker83 didn't have to go and ruin my day. I was having a problem, I just wanted help, not made to feel worse .

Re: [RESOLVED] Want to make iron-on transfer of Green Day from google image

Nightwalker83 was not intending to be rude, and you shouldn't take it that way.

Based on hundreds of his previous posts, it is safe to assume he was genuinely trying to help you.... by finding out if there was a developer-specific angle to this (in which case, we would need more detail), or if you had accidentally posted in the wrong place (in which case he would let the moderators know, so we could move it to somewhere where you were more likely to get apt help).

After 'randomly' stumbling across this thread I can see that this is not actually a developer related topic - so I have moved the thread from the 'General Developer' forum to the 'General PC' forum.

I hope you enjoy the concert - they've got great energy, so it should be a good show (even with all the swearing they do!)

@ MMock, Yes, I was one confused by the reason for posting the question in "General Developer" since it is not a development issue. Reading Si's post I realize that you might have posted there by accident.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

Thank you for the corrections. I had read "Discuss issues important to developers" and I thought it was the right fit. If I'm not in asp.net or database development, I usually miss.

@si_the_geek - the concert was amazing! Definitely on the "angry" side (compared to Matchbox Twenty, who we saw last month, where Rob Thomas announced "We're going to celebrate life for the next two hours!"). The swearing wasn't that bad. I was more worried Billie Joe was going to moon us (like on the You Tube video of King For a Day) but he did not. Since my 14-year-old daughter sings along to all their lyrics, I wanted to make sure she understands them (she does ). I never saw anyone "stage dive" before and now I have this incredible urge to do it (but am sure I'll never have the chance - we were up high in seats which is where I usually end up!)

If you aren't sure you've got the right forum, feel free to report your own post (using the link on the left of it) to let us know - we'll check and move it if apt.

In the UK it's unusual to get seats at concerts, so the option to stage dive basically depends on the security that's in place (for bigger venues there is usually a gap in front of the stage that they patrol)... but even when other people have been doing it, I've never had the urge!

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    but even when other people have been doing it (stage surfing), I've never had the urge!
    Maybe because I was so surprised - I didn't know people did that - and when Billie Joe was talking to the guy and setting him up for it I had no idea what was going on. Later on in the show he had people up on stage dancing with him and he said to this other guy "You're not here to dance, you're going to stage dive" (which was the first time I'd heard the term). Well that guy was nervous and just kind of jumped into the arms of the security people who passed him to the audience so then he crowd-surfed his way out. It looks easy and fun when you're watching someone else, but yes there's the gap to consider. IDK - maybe I'm just going through a midlife crisis!

OK, we've diverged far from software development by now...