Thread: Child window getting stuck behind the parent window.

Child window getting stuck behind the parent window.

HI,
    When an Active X dll window is opened from the .Net window and the activex window is made a modal dialog, it works fine to start with. But when the parent .net window is maximized before invoking the modal activex dialog and when i move to some other application and then come back to click the parent window in the task bar; it shows the parent window full screen. The modal dialog of activex control is hidden behind. I am using the standard interop dll to interact with the activex control. Any idea why this issue is happening? I need to know the reason.

It works fine when i set the CallerHWndProperty in the activex control to the parent window explicitly. I used the window.handle property to set it before invoking the modal dialog. But i need to know why the issue happens in the first place.

thanks in advance,
    Rajini

Re: Child window getting stuck behind the parent window.

May we see some code on how you are doing it?
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

Please Find the attached project.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Joacim Andersson; Apr 16th, 2013 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Removed EXE file from attachment

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

@Rajini, when you attach your project files in the future, please make sure you remove all binary files (EXE, DLL, and so on) from your BIN directory before attaching it. I've removed the binaries in your post above.