Thread: Auto Updater adding string to list boxes and when selected results in new text.

Angry Auto Updater adding string to list boxes and when selected results in new text.

I made a application that allows the user to download files from my program. The thing is constantly updating the program to add items into a listbox that when selected will insert a download link into another textbox. How could I possibly do that??

Code:
    'This is some of the coding I use when the listbox is selected.
    Dim selectedPic as String
    selectedPic = Listbox1.SelectedItem
    TextBox2.text = selectedPic
    Instead of manually updating the program making all the users who download it, update it. I want it on launch to automatically check for all the strings. I know a little bit on how this could work using Media Fire or Google Drive. Uploading a .txt and I update that file while it retrieves information.

The problem I foresee is how would I use that text document to know if there's a selected item in the list box to insert a preferred download link

Re: Auto Updater adding string to list boxes and when selected results in new text.

Does anyone know how this could be feasible?

Re: Auto Updater adding string to list boxes and when selected results in new text.

So let me get this straight your trying to make an auto updater for your program so it updates automatically right?

I'm not sure how you're going to put a link into a textbox. Could you not create a LinkLabel and assign the path to it when a file is downloaded?