Thread: Would you participate in a community project?

Would you participate in a community project?

If we decided to do a community project targeting Windows Phone 8, would you want to participate? We are looking to do this as a learning experience for those involved as well as to see what we can do as a group.

Any interest?

Brad!
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

PowerPoster

Re: Would you participate in a community project?

Maybe, would need to know a little about the project to say for sure.

What kind of tools would I need to participate?
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

I have a Lumia 920; wouldn't be too hard to help out with that. I also have two PC's with Windows 8 Professional, so I can easily compile code. What would we do though?

Frenzied Member

Happy to help
    Pete Vickers
    MVP - Device Application Development
    http://www.gui-innovations.com http://mobileworld.appamundi.com/blogs/

Oporto & Leiria, Portugal / Luanda, Angola

Too bad there aren't android projects around. The company I work for aborted all mobile development for Microsoft and experience gathering would be welcome
    ::Winamp 5.xx id3v2 & modern skin support::
    ::NetCF DataGrid Programatically Scroll Example::
    Don't forget to rate posts from those who helped you solving your problem, clicking on and rating it.

A bit late to the party here, but would definitely be interested in helping out!

Are we talking about a VBForums focused Windows Phone application here? I started making a little VBForums Viewer (to allow viewing of profile, reputation, etc) for VBForums, but like most things, it didn't really come to anything due to time constraints. A community driven project would have a much better chance of succeeding

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by TDQWERTY View Post
    Too bad there aren't android projects around. The company I work for aborted all mobile development for Microsoft and experience gathering would be welcome
    With the way things are going, I would suggest that any new project should probably look to being cross platform compatible. Systems such as MVVMCross, Xamarin, Portable Class Libraries, etc, makes the "ideal" of write once, deploy everywhere, a better possibility. There is certainly evidence of Microsoft getting behind this idea with them being a premium sponsor of the Evolve Conference (i.e. the Xamarin conference). Some exciting times ahead!

Gary

Banned

hii brad jones if you really wants any ones help for your project then why are you not showing your interest if want us to have interest in project then firstly you have to tell us which kind of project it is and what you need from us in the shape of help...

I was side tracked with a forum upgrade and a windows event. What I originally planned to do was sidetracked. Let me think about this again. Of course, one of you can step up and take point for doing a project too

Oporto & Leiria, Portugal / Luanda, Angola

It's inevitable for me to throw this idea, why not create a mobile application, let's say MVC or MVVMCross and use this application with a specific purpose. I work everyday with ERPs, time and attendance hardware, microframework hardware and all sorts of compact framework compatible hardware. There is a huge need on the market on ERP connected Mobile applications to do stock management, invoices and CRM in general. There are three big ERPs in the market that have that need, SAGE, PHC and PrimaveraBSS.
    Although I don't have any knowledge on SAGE and PHC but I'm probably able to get it easily.
    This project would be a serious challenge.
    ::Winamp 5.xx id3v2 & modern skin support::
    ::NetCF DataGrid Programatically Scroll Example::
    Don't forget to rate posts from those who helped you solving your problem, clicking on and rating it.