Thread: vb.net: editing, saving, updating and deleting on the same form

Addicted Member

vb.net: editing, saving, updating and deleting on the same form

HI
    I am developing a vb.net project. Some of the forms will need the client to ‘delete, save, update and edit, should I do all this in one form or create different forms? Please what would be the best way to handle this without having too many buttons on the same form and confusing issues? I have not done this before.
    Thanks for your kind suggestion.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: vb.net: editing, saving, updating and deleting on the same form

Personally I like to keep everything in one form where possible. I'm confused about the actions you've described, though. What's the difference between Update, Save and Edit? To my mind there are three basic actions: Create, Update, Delete. But those actions require slightly different situations before they can be carried out (you can't "create" a record that already exists and you can't "delete" a record that doesn't already exist). So my basic form design has two "modes": "new", where all the fields are blank and which allows the user to create a new record; and "existing", where the user can view an existing record and update or delete it.

Of course, that's just the default behavior. There's always a circumstance somewhere in the application where that doesn't erally fit and then I design a different, more suitable, paradigm.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd