Thread: USB Wifi Adapter bending in the USB Socket

Lively Member

USB Wifi Adapter bending in the USB Socket

I had a USB wifi adapter which i plugged into rear USB 2.0 socket.

It works fine and has latest driviers.

But about a month ago, I looked at the back of the pc while cleaning and noticed the adapter looked distorted/bent/ So I pulled it out and the plastic casing near the USB end was "cracked open" and the USB connector had bent on the card.

So I thought it must be faulty adapter, so I replaced with an older one which I had used for two years with no problems. BUt today i couldnt connect to the PC when i really needed it urgently.

So I thought maybe someone had pulled out the adapter so I checked it, I was shocked to find that the adapter had net like the other one. The metal USB connector has bent so much that it has broke the casing.

I googled this and could not find a similar issue so I would like to know if anyone can help sort this.

It seems to only happen with wifi adapters on the rear usb sockets, if I plug it in the front USB sockets it doesnt bend. Also I have other devices connected on the rear USB sockets like mouse and webcam which have not bent.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpzor576bglapf1/IMAG0015.jpg

Re: USB Wifi Adapter bending in the USB Socket

if you aren't hitting the plug yourself by moving the computer around, you are doing this with a wire from a mouse or monitor you are moving.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

I'm 2nd to Lord Orwell. It definitely was bent by a user... Probably you pushed the computer too hard and too far back that it hit the wall and bent the protruding USB WL adapter. Next time, to prevent this from happening again, make sure you buy a nano WL adapter instead, something like this:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16833315091
    Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it.
    - Abraham Lincoln -

a lot of them come with those usb extension cords and you can relocate it to the side of the computer
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell