Thread: Minimize animation lost?

Addicted Member

Minimize animation lost?

Ok, my problem is I have a form with the 'FormBorderStyle' property set to 'none'.
    So I made my own minimize/maximize/exit buttons, but the problem is when I click my minimize button, there is no animation when minimizing the form.
    Is there any way I can have that minimize animation in my form now?

Re: Minimize animation lost?

Nope. The window requires the frame to apply theme related stuff, one item of which is animation. There are ways to provide a minimal frame or make the frame and window one item if you're prepared to wrestle with a few potential inconsistencies and the Windows API.
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Addicted Member

thought so, what's even worse, when I click my program on the taskbar, if it's windowed, it won't minimize.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Instead of setting the border style to None set it to Fixed Single or Fixed Dialog. Make sure the Caption is an empty string and set the ControlBox property to False. It still wont animate but at least it will minimize when you click on the taskbar button.