Thread: how i can connect data report with ODBC (sql ODBC)

how i can connect data report with ODBC (sql ODBC)

i have an applicaiton in VB6, i have set an my computer IP in data report and its running fine. i want my application and its data reports to be run through ODBC connection. Please help.

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Re: how i can connect data report with ODBC (sql ODBC)

I just moved this thread from the General Dev forum to the VB6 forum but I'm actually not sure if it belongs here or not since I don't understand what you want to do. You can't run an application via ODBC since that is a (a very old) technique to connect to a database. What do you mean by "setting my computer IP in data report"? I'm sorry but your question, as you've worded it, just doesn't make any sense can you please refrace it or show an example of what you want to achieve.

Re: how i can connect data report with ODBC (sql ODBC)

Let me explain as under.
    *My Application is designed in VB6
    * i am using datareports and crystal reports for printing different kind of reports.
    * The problem is that i am unbale to connnect these reports through ODBC. All application can connections and work fine with ODBC. but when this application tries to connect data report or (Crystal report) it gives error.
    * To overcome this problem i have given a certain IP address to my desktop (192.168.0.182) becuase SQL server is located on this computer.
    * Now each computer in our small network connects the database (through IP) easily and data-reports also works.

This is not a good technique for coonection. Infact each computer should connect the database through ODBC. but if i try to connect my application through ODBC everything work and connects fine but reports do not connect.

Please help or advise if the problem is not fully understood. i will try to explain it again.
    Thanks. Imran