Thread: Month Calender help

Lively Member

Month Calender help

I have a button1 that when clicked, it opens a monthcalendar1 form. I would like to have the user select a date from the calendar and whatever date they selected shows up in the a textbox but in "yyMMdd" format. On some forums I've read, its states that if I want just the date and not the range I need to change the MaxSelectionCount=1 in the properties window and use the "monthcalendar.selectionend" in my code. Unfortunately no example of code was given. I'm not so worried about the date format right now but just getting it into the textbox. Any help greatly appreciated. Running visual studio 2010 in windows 7 if it helps.

Hyperactive Member DavesChillaxin's Avatar

Re: Month Calender help

Just call

vbnet Code:
    1. MonthCalendar1.SelectionRange.Start.ToString("yyMMdd")

also assign MaxSelectionCount = 1
    Please rate if my post was helpful!
    Per favore e grazie!

Code Bank:
    Advanced Algebra Class *Update | True Gradient Label Control *Dev | A Smarter TextBox *Update | Register Global HotKey *Update
    Media Library Beta *Dev | Mouse Tracker (Available in VB.net and C#.net) *New | On-Screen Numpad (VB.net) *New

Lively Member

Thanks for the quick response. I'm sorry but I've should of started off by saying I'm new at programming with visual basic. How do link that to the textbox. All this is under the public class???? Where would this code be entered, the button1.click, monthCalendar1 or form1.load. Maxselection is already = 1.
    Last edited by pooky; Mar 1st, 2013 at 12:03 AM.

TextBox1.Text = MonthCalendar1.SelectionRange.Start.ToString("yyMMdd")
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Hyperactive Member DavesChillaxin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pooky View Post
    Where would this code be entered, the button1.click, monthCalendar1 or form1.load. Maxselection is already = 1.
    You'll want to take what dunfiddlin suggested and place it in your method that handles the buttons click event.
    vbnet Code:
    1. Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    2.     ' Update the text every time the user clicks this button.
    3.     TextBox1.Text = MonthCalendar1.SelectionRange.Start.ToString("yyMMdd")
    4. End Sub
    Please rate if my post was helpful!
    Per favore e grazie!

Code Bank:
    Advanced Algebra Class *Update | True Gradient Label Control *Dev | A Smarter TextBox *Update | Register Global HotKey *Update
    Media Library Beta *Dev | Mouse Tracker (Available in VB.net and C#.net) *New | On-Screen Numpad (VB.net) *New

Lively Member

That worked. Thank you both very much for your help. Problem solved.

Lively Member

Quick question. If I wanted to use this form to work with another form what would I need to add to this code? Would I have to embed it within a public class. For example:

Public Class txtDate.Text = MonthCalendar1.SelectionRange.Start.ToString("yyMMdd")
    End Class

Would these two lines of code be entered in on the form with the calendar or on the form it'll be used in? Hope that made sense.

Lively Member

It worked. Thank you so very much for your help.