Thread: Mouse Lock Demo v1.0

Hyperactive Member DavesChillaxin's Avatar

Mouse Lock Demo v1.0

I found this to be a useful idea for me when highlighting lines of code that stretch further than the a screens horizontal bounds. Maybe looking at turning this into a complete mouse/keyboard utility. But for now it does just that. Locks the mouse coordinates.

No screenshot, sorry. But not much to really show, has a notify icon (w/ menu) and a basic form with 2 check boxes. For the lock to engage, press down and hold the space bar.

Project demonstrates:
    The use of windows hooking for a keyboard (API).
    Cursor.Clip() ~ Thanks .Paul.
    System.Windows.Forms.NotifyIcon

Updates
    Supports multiple monitors ~ 2/28/2013

keep happy, code on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DavesChillaxin; Feb 27th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
    Please rate if my post was helpful!
    Per favore e grazie!

Code Bank:
    Advanced Algebra Class *Update | True Gradient Label Control *Dev | A Smarter TextBox *Update | Register Global HotKey *Update
    Media Library Beta *Dev | Mouse Tracker (Available in VB.net and C#.net) *New | On-Screen Numpad (VB.net) *New

Re: Mouse Lock Demo v1.0

This will really come in handy as a simple tool to use in correlation with Photoshop. +1 Thank you!
    dim jenn as geek = true
    Learning ~ Visual Basic 2010 ~ in free time between college/work -
    currently looking for a 'programming buddy' / 'coder friend' / and or 'mentor'. p.m. me if you
    have ANY free time AT ALL I'm like 33% of a novice level ~ willing 2 listen/learn +
    i am totally super motivated & promise to make an effffin amazing protege!!! #swag

| -_-_- -_-_- |
    ...W.T..F!?.....
    ||| Matter on the atomic/quantum level isn't solid or even matter at all. It can also exist in at least 2 places simultaneously (demonstrated in lab). It's position can only be established when it's actually observed. If we turn our back on it... it goes back to a wave form. History show's that every previous generation (since the beginning of time) got almost everything wrong. Then it might very well stand to reason that up is down & right can be wrong. Admit it.. our combined perception of reality is just that, we know absolutely nothing of actual reality & to think we do is simply subscribing to a "ignorance is bliss" mantra |||