Thread: filter all values in datagridview which are greater than given value into textbox

filter all values in datagridview which are greater than given value into textbox

Hi there. Can someone help me to resolve this problem because I am tired of searching for solution more than 2 weeks. I need to filter all values in datagridview which are greater than given value into textbox and show them in datagrid.

I found some topics but I can't understand code.
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...ss-than-values

Please understand that I am still learning vb. Thanks

Re: filter all values in datagridview which are greater than given value into textbox

I need to filter all values in datagridview which are greater than given value into textbox and show them in datagrid.
    Could you please take a moment to define exactly what you want to do and describe it accurately. The above makes very little sense as it stands unless you really want a separate textbox and a second datagrid(view?) with exactly the same data?
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Re: filter all values in datagridview which are greater than given value into textbox

Thanks for the reply. I hope that this will help you to understand me.
    Example: If given value in textbox is 3:
    Column1

Filtering...
    Column1

Ok. Is this a databound DGV (ie. with a datatable behind) or are the values entered directly either from a file or by the user? If it's the latter then a filter is not advisable as values will be lost and you should go for multiple selection instead. If it's the former it's very easy to set up a dataview and change the datasource to the view rather than the main table.
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Table is filled by data source. I made an access database and just import it into datagrid. And in form it makes code "Me.Table1TableAdapter.Fill(Me.mydatabaseDataSet.Table1)"
    When I start form datagrid get values from database. I need now to filter on them.

Well, the basics are quite simple .... create a dataview and reset the DGV datasource ....

Dim dv As New DataView(Me.mydatabaseDataSet.Table1)
    dv.RowFilter = "Column1 > Val(TextBox1.Text)"
    DataGridView1.DataSource = dv

It shows a problem at: dv.RowFilter = "Column1 > Val(TextBox1.Text)"

I resolve this with some modification on second row:
    dv.RowFilter = "Column1 > " & TextBox1.Text & ""

@dunfiddlin
    Thank you my friend for the help.
    Cheers