Thread: is this a website bug, or is it only my internet explorer?

PowerPoster

is this a website bug, or is it only my internet explorer?

80% of the time when i look at a tag it does these weird things, like in this picture (from my browser IE9)
    Name:  Untitled.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  178.9 KB

does this happen to anybody else????

Re: is this a website bug, or is it only my internet explorer?

I view this machine in IE 10 and Firefox on different machines as well as in Opera and the native browser on my Nokia Belle phone and I have never seen that. It looks like a rendering issue that may actually be related to your video hardware or driver.

I've seen that happen on different websites (various browsers) if I scroll while the page is still rendering... doesn't happen often though.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

so its not just me, true it seems to stop after a while (or somtimes)
    i just find it annoying

I see it pretty often on this site. It comes and goes.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Does this only happen as the page is loading, and thus clear up once the page is loaded? I see it every now and then, but it is usually only when I'm scrolling as the page loads and it immediately clears up.
    Have you given out your reputation points today? Select the Rate This Post link to give points for good posts!
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Brad! Jones
    Lots of Software, LLC
    (I wrote: C Programming in One Hour a Day) (Dad Jokes Book) (Follow me on Twitter)

--------------------------------------------------------------

PowerPoster

Looks like a problem I see often if I use IE9.

I reverted a while back and blocked it from Windows Update, but too many sites complain about IE8.

I re-enabled it and let WU install it and I'm back to this crap again (as well as lots of freezing and disappearing caret issues inside TextArea boxes).

Just about ready to roll it back to IE8 again and stick with non-IE for most browsing.

No idea whether IE10 does the same thing... and am almost beyond caring.

Microsoft hasn't "lost its mojo," it's gone completely to pot.

PowerPoster

I'm trying the IE9 Advanced Option "Use software rendering instad of GPU rendering" now and things seem quite a bit more stable and usable... so far.

On a partially related note... I *never* (knock on veneer pressed wood) have this happen in Chrome... I've had it happen in IE and Firefox.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Maxthon seems happy as well, though it isn't my favorite browser.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I'm trying the IE9 Advanced Option "Use software rendering instad of GPU rendering" now and things seem quite a bit more stable and usable... so far.
    Well so much for that. I was pretty sure I'd tried that before and it didn't help.

Back to disappearing and frozen caret ("cursor") again.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's at least in part due to hyperactive use of JavaScript on this site though. Things flake out then start working again after the silly "auto saved" yellow blob appears and fades.

Ajax sucks.

PowerPoster

Another Example, i just took this
    Name:  code.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  98.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    Does this only happen as the page is loading, and thus clear up once the page is loaded? I see it every now and then, but it is usually only when I'm scrolling as the page loads and it immediately clears up.
    I noticed it does it when "scrolling" up or down in a [ code] [ /code] Textbox.
    Also it does still do this after page is successfully loaded (page and document).

@Shaggy
    I see it pretty often on this site. It comes and goes.
    This is exactly what is happening to me!

@dilettante
    I will try this and see what happens.

@techgnome
    On a partially related note... I *never* (knock on veneer pressed wood) have this happen in Chrome... I've had it happen in IE and Firefox.
    I have chrome, i don't really use it not because its not good or fast, simply because my default browser is IE9 and i'm just used to it(IE), still very fast with no plugins/addons enabled or installed.
    But i will have a look in chrome and see if it does it, the rendering problem.

PowerPoster

tried dilettante's suggestion didnt work

tried chrome and so far no problems with the rendering ... and i will agree it does load a little faster then IE

PowerPoster

ok now update

I have installed Internet Explorer 10 (for Win7 64bit). So far I haven't had problems at all with the problem I had earlier.
    The only thing that happened was when I rebooted my pc (after installation), my screen turn black. Even though my screen was black, I was in windows I could alt+ctrl+del and to go task manager or still reboot pc (I could see process of other programs were running). So I decided to reboot and everything was OK.