Thread: [Resolved] Problem running old classic ASP website on my Windows 7, IIS 7 laptop.

Hyperactive Member

[Resolved] Problem running old classic ASP website on my Windows 7, IIS 7 laptop.

Hi,

I developed a classic ASP website several years ago and out of the blue, today, the customer wants to make some changes to it. I could not convince him to rebuild it .NET.

So I now have to rebuild a developement environment on my laptop (Windows 7 64 bits Home Premium, IIS7).

I just tried to create an application in IIS and browse the website, I overcame a few errors with my friend Google but I am still stucked on this error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a01ad' / ActiveX component can't create object.

The error is thrown on this line of code:
    Dim conADO
    Set conADO = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")

I tried a lot of things searching Google but I just can't find anything that worked for me.
    Anyone has encountered this problem lately ?

Thank you for helping.
    Last edited by dbelley_office; Feb 6th, 2013 at 11:05 AM.

Re: Problem running old classic ASP website on my Windows 7, IIS 7 laptop.

Lately? No... about a dozen years ago... once in a while... plain and simple, you don't have ADO installed, that's all. You'll want to find and download MDAC and install it... that's the Microsoft Data Access Components... http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...s.aspx?id=5793

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Hyperactive Member

Yes I had tried that already.
    I do not remember back in time how MDAC was installed, if there was an install app with "NEXT" buttons, but when I install it today, all I see is a window appearing for 1-2 seconds extracting a bunch of DLLs andthat's it.

Hyperactive Member

Ok. Just fixed it.

Everybody was saying we add to do this:
    In the Advanced Settings dialog, there is a "Enable 32-Bit Applications" boolean value. It's default is false.

I put it back to FALSE and it worked. I don't know why, but my default value was at True. So I never touched that value. But setting it to false instantly solved my problem. Great !!