Thread: my friend pc monitor turn on after taking out cmos battery while its turned on

Hybrid View

Banned

my friend pc monitor turn on after taking out cmos battery while its turned on

does anybody has solutions please
    while the pc was on running he took cmos battery out and now the power comes but no monitor picture
    also dont show bios loading monitor is on idle
    Last edited by ladoo; Jan 28th, 2013 at 03:57 AM.

Re: my friend pc monitor turn on after taking out cmos battery while its turned on

If your friend's PC has a discrete video card, i.e., not "built-in to the motherboard", try taking that out and put it in another PC that has a compatible slot (AGP, PCI-X, etc.). If the video card won't work after turning on the other PC, then it's possibly damaged. If not, then there must be something else wrong with the motherboard. BTW, are you hearing "beeps" from the PC?
    On Local Error Resume Next: If Not Empty Is Nothing Then Do While Null: ReDim i(True To False) As Currency: Loop: Else Debug.Assert CCur(CLng(CInt(CBool(False Imp True Xor False Eqv True)))): Stop: On Local Error GoTo 0
    Declare Sub CrashVB Lib "msvbvm60" (Optional DontPassMe As Any)

Banned

Re: my friend pc monitor turn on after taking out cmos battery while its turned on

seeems like itss dead as u said,,,,,,,, i took his pc from his home got it back to my house , he had graphics card took it out and tested the monitor with standard vga port still nothing , took out all ram and unplugged all wires,hdd wires, and inserted 1 ram and powered on still no luck,then again inserted 2 ram still no luck ,,,,,,, maybe motherboard gone ?, no beeps

cover fan spans with glow light + cpu fan running

em my friend said he took out the cmos battery while turned on ,yes its so pethetic why a person will do such but now no rewind button in life only forward suggestions now lol

PowerPoster

Turn it off,
    take out the battery,
    boot the system without the battery
    shut down the system
    disconnect the power cord
    turn the system on without the power cord attached to bleed off any stored power
    replace the battery plug in the power cord and boot the system

Tell your friend that he/she should never under any circumstances remove or disconnect anything inside the pc while it is running.

Banned

turn the system on without the power cord attached to bleed off any stored power

how am i suppose to do this on pc

PowerPoster

Well it is pretty simple. You unplug the computer. While it is uplugged you turn on the power swicth. If it has both a switch on the back of the power supply and one on the front then make sure that one on the back is on and then press the power button on the front.

The computer will not try to boot of course because there is no power but most of them will try to light the led for a second or so which bleeds off any power stored in the system capacitors allowing for a true cold boot when you apply power again to the system.

My brother had a similar problem recently, not because he was dumb enough to remove the battery while the system was running but for some reason it was doing the same thing, no beeps, no display nothing, lights and fan started but that was it.

He tried everything he could thing of with no luck then brought the system to me, I did like I suggested above and the system booted right up with no issues afterwards.
    Last edited by DataMiser; Jan 28th, 2013 at 09:57 PM.

Banned

ok let me try thanks data

Thread moved to the 'General PC' forum.

you could also try resetting the bios with the motherboard jumper. all home systems have an easy to use jumper that resets bios settings. It's possible that pulling the battery like that corrupted the stored information for ram timing or something just as critical. Resetting the bios to defaults would hopefully fix it.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

removing parts of computer while its alive? thats dangerous!
    and likely the mother board is dead

i would not assume the motherboard is dead. I've had similar issues of no-boot plenty of times from computers and in every case but one an unplug and bios reset fixed it. In the other case it turned out there was an rme on the motherboard anyway.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell