Thread: Piano question

Addicted Member

Piano question

Hi guys, I am making a piano mid library where you can play each note of the piano with just a single line, but I saw a android application Perfect Piano where they can mix two buttons sound at a time, so my question is are they really mixing the sound in real time or they are producing a new sound by just cheking the value lets say we have B3 + A4, so they play something like B7 ?

Re: Piano question

This seems more like a question people who specialize in the art of music might be more qualified to answer. I don't even understand the question.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

Each note is based on a frequency... so odds are, they are running a calculation that combines the two (or more) frequencies into a new frequency, then producing a tone at that frequency. Typically that's how they work.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Addicted Member

Ok that was helpfull, thank you I mannaged to do it with some high mat, but it was verry hard to combine them, because there is many variables which have to calculate in runtime.
    I want to use this thread to ask another question connected with touch screens and exactly at what time the screen refresh information about the fingers on the surface I mean If there is a timer or something which collect data at 100ms are they enough for the software to detect two or even three fingers for that interval ?

"I want to use this thread to ask another question connected with touch screens " --- Nope, nope, nope... general rule here is one problem per thread... reason is pretty simple... no one is going to look in a thread with a "Piano question" to answer a touchscreen question... I suggest a new thread in the appropriate area.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *