Thread: How can i remote capture and create a live view on a PC using Canon EOS 1000D?

Hyperactive Member

How can i remote capture and create a live view on a PC using Canon EOS 1000D?

How can i remote capture and create a live view on a PC using Canon EOS 1000D using VB6?

Re: How can i remote capture and create a live view on a PC using Canon EOS 1000D?

Yes, I would think it is possible I think there might be an example achieving this in the VB6 code bank. I think the hardest part would be retrieving the raw image from the camera, again I think there are samples in the code bank which might help you there.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

PowerPoster

Re: How can i remote capture and create a live view on a PC using Canon EOS 1000D?

Maybe Use your Canon EOS 1000D as Webcam! will help get you partway there.

Hyperactive Member

As much as possible i dont want to use any 3rd party for this. I'll be using it to generate ID so, what i want is my application to control the camera. create a live view and capture a picture for my ID.
    Thanks

PowerPoster

Everything depends on the camera and on driver support. If when connected via USB it can look like a normal UVC class device then it opens many possibilities. If not, it may have an installable custom driver but these often involve a proprietary API too.

From what a quick web search turned up I'd say the camera comes with only the most vestigial PC support, just enough for moving pictures to the PC and maybe clearing the Flash card. That's probably why those 3rd party drivers exist (though I didn't find any free ones, the links all seem to be dead).

Hyperactive Member

Canon provide SDK but mostly written in C++, my current application is on VB6.

PowerPoster

Are you married to that Canon?

Even a $12 webcam in good light can take a decent picture as long as the subject is within its focus, or you might spend $25 and get one with adjustable or autofocus.

See the last post in http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...01#post4327401 for a sample.

Otherwise you might have to hire somebody to rework that Canon SDK into a VB component. It sounds a little specialized.
    Last edited by dilettante; Jan 24th, 2013 at 02:12 AM.

Enjoy the moment

helped me tnx
    Last edited by salsa31; Mar 29th, 2013 at 02:24 PM.