Thread: Folder access in ASP.NET

Frenzied Member

Folder access in ASP.NET

So I have a bunch of folders that I read and write to in my application. The Application runs under Network Services in the application pool. All the folders I have I have full access to except one, which I can read to and write to, but can't delete from (access denied). It is setup like the others. I have given Network Services full access, but it won't let me delete in that folder. Any thoughts on what may be causing this?
    Sean

Some days when I think about the next 30 years or so of my life I am going to spend writing code, I happily contemplate stepping off a curb in front of a fast moving bus.

Re: Folder access in ASP.NET

If the folder permissions looks fine, how do the files permissions look?

If you're creating the file programmatically, are you sure that you're creating it with the correct rights for your ASP.NET user to access the file?

King of sapila

Show your permissions.
    Note that if you are using a registered user based page you need to add users server permissions.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Frenzied Member

So apparently about 15 hours into work I accidentally wiped some files that I now have to find and reload. I think that MAY be the issue I am having. Maybe.
    Sean

Some days when I think about the next 30 years or so of my life I am going to spend writing code, I happily contemplate stepping off a curb in front of a fast moving bus.