Thread: Server is too busy error

Addicted Member

Server is too busy error

I've been debugging a MVC project that connects to a WCF project using VS development server and started getting "Server too busy" message, or words to that effect, in my browser window. After about 10 minutes of trying to get a proper debug session, some of my webpages stopped loading all together, stating " The resource cannot be found. ".

I've looked around on the internet and found out it could be because my server is listening out for too many ports and has stopped responding to new page requests.

Also, this happens both when the MVC project connects remotely to the WCF project via internet and in my solution.

Any ideas how I can fix this, it's pretty urgent as this assignment has to be in today.

Thanks

Re: Server is too busy error

add this entry to your web server

Windows 2008 R2

Reduce the TIME_WAIT by setting the TcpTimedWaitDelay TCP/IP parameter to 30 seconds on the windows registry key HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters, as a DWORD value.

Increase the range of ephemeral ports by setting the dynamicportrange to an higher value through the command netsh int ipv4 set dynamicportrange tcp start=32767 num=65535, this will set the port range from 32768 to 65535.

http://www.outsystems.com/NetworkFor...f-web-requests

Addicted Member

I'm only using VS, none of these are hosted right now. Maybe it could be a problem with the SQL Server at the university, which the web server connects to, but I don't have rights to tinker about with it. I just want to get the debugger up and running again :\.

King of sapila

Could be many reasons so i cannot be sure.Also MVC is out of my league if the problem is there.Start with a simple page to see if you initially get a page, after that do a simple server connection to see if you get a connection and move forward from there.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·