i accidentally posted this in the wrong forum, i'm not trying to double post. i will try to delete the thread, if i cannot, please overlook my inattentiveness.

i am designing a website that is going to have a members area which is different from the anonymous area. i am using visual studio 2010 and the new asp.net website template. on the master page, there is a login box with anonymous and logged in views, and i had it in the anonymous view when i added the content. i then hit the dropdown and changed it to logged in view and added a couple of links to areas which should be viewable by members, not just anyone. when i went back to the anonymous view or when i ran the site, the new content was there before you logged in. maybe i should have added the login box to the default page, not the master? the code i have for the box on the master page is:
<div class="loginDisplay">
<asp:LoginView ID="HeadLoginView" runat="server" EnableViewState="false">
<AnonymousTemplate>
[ <a href="~/Account/Login.aspx" ID="HeadLoginStatus" runat="server">Log In</a> ]
</AnonymousTemplate>
<LoggedInTemplate>
Welcome <span class="bold"><asp:LoginName ID="HeadLoginName" runat="server" /></span>!
[ <asp:LoginStatus ID="HeadLoginStatus" runat="server" LogoutAction="Redirect" LogoutText="Log Out" LogoutPageUrl="~/"/> ]
</LoggedInTemplate>
</asp:LoginView>
</div>
i remember when i had this class, i had trouble with the same thing, but that was over a year ago and i can't remember how to fix it. any help is appreciated.