Thread: help

Fanatic Member

help

If anyone knows networking I could use some help on my other thread (it has been a few days):
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...43#post4312043
    I use VB .NET 2022. Currently developing StudyX educational software, PlazSales POS system and Yargis a space ship shooter game.

Re: help

The thing to do is to bump the thread rather than start a new thread pointing to the old one. Bumps can be controversial if you do them too often, but once a thread has fallen off the second page, and generally once it has fallen off the first page, I think they are reasonable (though the number of threads on a page varies by browser, so a couple days is reasonable, but a couple hours is not).
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

so a couple days is reasonable, but a couple hours is not
    The record stands at a totally unacceptable 17 minutes! Our sensitivity may be somewhat dulled these days!
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

I thought I would bump the thread by adding a reply, but now I realize that the thread isn't even in the .NET section, but over in the Networking section. No wonder there's a link to it. The Networking section isn't as moribund as some sections, but the activity there is much lower than here, and seems to be pretty sporadic.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing