Thread: Scripts getting aborted abruptly

Scripts getting aborted abruptly

I was running and testing a vbscript which went into a long loop . I killed the wscript to exit out of loop. When I tried to re-run the script it stopped running. I noticed
    that the wscript appears in the task manager for 2 seconds and then it goes away. Now it happens for any script(which were working before without any issues) that I
    run from my machine. There are absolutely no error messages displayed.

I tried to add On Error Resume next option, but still do not get any error messages. Checked the windows event logs. There are no logs there. I am new to scripting and I am not sure if there are any other logs for vbscript. Any idea what might be causing this ?

Lively Member

Re: Scripts getting aborted abruptly

Quote Originally Posted by smitha_md View Post
    I was running and testing a vbscript which went into a long loop . I killed the wscript to exit out of loop. When I tried to re-run the script it stopped running. I noticed
    that the wscript appears in the task manager for 2 seconds and then it goes away. Now it happens for any script(which were working before without any issues) that I
    run from my machine. There are absolutely no error messages displayed.

I tried to add On Error Resume next option, but still do not get any error messages. Checked the windows event logs. There are no logs there. I am new to scripting and I am not sure if there are any other logs for vbscript. Any idea what might be causing this ?
    Hi
    You should show us your code
    And to get any error , you must delete the line on error resume next

Re: Scripts getting aborted abruptly

The problem was that the wscript entry in the registry was corrupted. Changing that fixed the issue.
    Last edited by smitha_md; Jan 16th, 2013 at 02:13 PM.