Thread: default.aspx has stopped loading implicitly

Addicted Member

default.aspx has stopped loading implicitly

I'm not sure what I did to cause this but my website homepage won't load unless I specifically type the filename into the root of the website - i.e. www.mywebsite.com/default.aspx works but www.mywebsite.com doesn't. It could be something I changed in the web.config or the project properties. Any ideas what could have happened?

Thanks

Hyperactive Member jasonwucinski's Avatar

Re: default.aspx has stopped loading implicitly

are you using IIS? You need to set the default page it should redirect to. If you aren't using IIS, or it's setup for you and you can't access it, you may have renamed the default page it is looking for. It may be looking for Default.aspx but you renamed it to default.aspx (case sensitive) or from .aspx to .html
    if i was able to help, rate my post!

Addicted Member

I've uploaded my project to the university server and noticed this issue started up. I don't have access to any web server settings or anything, just my web space that's on there. I've tried renaming the Default.aspx file to default.aspx and still the same.

you may need to contact your administrator of IIS. As I stated, it sounds like the default page setting has changed. It could have been something they did and not you.

Addicted Member

My solution consists of a Web Application project and a MVC project. I've just found that if I publish both projects I get "the resource cannot be found" if I don't explicitly type default.aspx. If I only publish the Web app project, however, it's fine.

Addicted Member

I give up, I'm just going to submit the assignment as is. It's probably something to do with the way I've published the website and it mixing MVC with non MVC but hey-ho. Thanks again for your help, Jason!

no problem. also make sure both projects dont have a default page named "default.aspx". Only one should have that