Thread: How to avoid or close automatically this popup in Internet Explorer? - Please help

Hyperactive Member

How to avoid or close automatically this popup in Internet Explorer? - Please help

This is the popup , I am using external webbrowser, the imagen bellow is a sample from the web but is the same popup

Name:  tm12.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  63.6 KB

Code:
    Private Sub PostTo (ByVal src As String)
            _browser.GoTo(src)

Dim div = _browser.Divs.Where(Function(element) element.ClassName = "uiTypeahead composerTypeahead mentionsTypeahead").FirstOrDefault()

While Not div.Exists
                Thread.Sleep(1000)
                div = _browser.Divs.Where(Function(element) element.ClassName = "uiTypeahead composerTypeahead mentionsTypeahead").FirstOrDefault()
            End While

_browser.RunScript("Bootloader.loadComponents([""control-textarea""], function() { TextAreaControl.getInstance(this) }.bind(this)); ")

For Each textField As TextField In div.TextFields
                Dim attr = textField.GetAttributeValue("aria-expanded")
                If String.IsNullOrEmpty(attr) Then
                    Continue For
                End If
                textField.SetAttributeValue("aria-expanded", True)
                textField.TypeText(" ")
            Next

If slowCheckBox.Checked Then
                If div.TextFields.Any(Function(element) element.Name = "xhpc_message_text") Then
                    div.TextField(Find.ByName("xhpc_message_text")).TypeText(postTextBox.Text)
                End If
            Else
                If div.TextFields.Any(Function(element) element.Name = "xhpc_message_text") Then
                    div.TextField(Find.ByName("xhpc_message_text")).SetAttributeValue("InnerText", postTextBox.Text)
                End If
            End If

Dim form = _browser.Forms.Where(Function(element) element.GetAttributeValue("action").Contains("/ajax/updatestatus.php")).FirstOrDefault()
            form.Submit()

If Not String.IsNullOrEmpty(My.MySettings.Default.CaptchaId) Then
                If _browser.TextFields.Any(Function(element) element.Name = "recaptcha_response_field") Then
                    Dim captcha As String = Nothing
                    SuperToolfacebook.GetCaptcha(_browser, "http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c", captcha,
                                                  My.MySettings.Default.CaptchaId, My.MySettings.Default.CaptchaPass)

_browser.TextField(Find.ByName("recaptcha_response_field")).SetAttributeValue("InnerText", captcha)
                    form = _browser.Forms.Where(Function(element) element.GetAttributeValue("action").Contains("/ajax/updatestatus.php")).FirstOrDefault()
                    form.Submit()
                ElseIf _browser.TextFields.Any(Function(element) element.Id = "captcha_response") Then
                    Dim captcha As String = Nothing
                    SuperToolfacebook.GetCaptcha(_browser, "http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/image?c", captcha,
                                                  My.MySettings.Default.CaptchaId, My.MySettings.Default.CaptchaPass)

_browser.TextField(Find.ById("captcha_response")).SetAttributeValue("InnerText", captcha)
                    form = _browser.Forms.Where(Function(element) element.GetAttributeValue("action").Contains("/ajax/updatestatus.php")).FirstOrDefault()
                    form.Submit()
                End If
            End If

Hyperactive Member

Re: How to avoid or close automatically this popup in Internet Explorer? - Please he

some help?

Re: How to avoid or close automatically this popup in Internet Explorer? - Please he

I would think that detecting it would be at least as difficult as closing it so without specific details it's hard to be definitive. Have you tried a simple SendKeys of Chr(13)?
    As the 6-dimensional mathematics professor said to the brain surgeon, "It ain't Rocket Science!"

Reviews: "dunfiddlin likes his DataTables" - jmcilhinney

Please be aware that whilst I will read private messages (one day!) I am unlikely to reply to anything that does not contain offers of cash, fame or marriage!

Going into the properties of the web browser and suppressing error messages should fix this problem!

I have the same issue, not solve jet.

I have a vbscript:

Call AppAct()
    MsgBox "End"
    Sub AppAct()

Set x = CreateObject("wscript.shell")
    x.AppActivate("Windows Internet Explorer")

X.Sendkeys "{Enter}"
    WScript.Sleep 3000

End Sub

But I will like to do all true VB.net ( version 2017)

See here is the thing, trying to control the actual Internet Explorer Application is all possible, but far too complicated than just adding a Webbrowser control, and doing it that way, then you can supress errors, and block popups manually. It all really depends on your IE settings. If you block popups, no matter how you executive IE it should still block them. should
    Disclaimer: When code is given for example - it is merely a example.

Unless said otherwise indicated - All Code snippets advice or otherwise that I post on this site, are expressly licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International Please respect my copyrights.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by jdc20181 View Post
    See here is the thing, trying to control the actual Internet Explorer Application is all possible, but far too complicated than just adding a Webbrowser control, and doing it that way, then you can supress errors, and block popups manually. It all really depends on your IE settings. If you block popups, no matter how you executive IE it should still block them. should
    It is the same thing. In the case of an instance of IE, instead of ScriptErrorsSupressed, you handle the Silent property:

Code:
            Dim IE = New SHDocVw.InternetExplorer();
            IE.Silent = True