Thread: VS 2012 Store App Question & Where to Post.

VS 2012 Store App Question & Where to Post.

Hey guys, Its been a while since I've been on last. I just upgraded to win8 and I'm working my way through the tutorial series on VS2012 for store apps. I can't tell if there's a dedicated forum for store app development, so this seemed like the best place to post. If I'm overlooking something please report me so a mod can set me straight. thanks.

The problem I'm having is while going through the 3rd tutorial on Building Windows Store apps in C# or VB. Up until this point I hadn't run into any issues but after adding the getphotobutton_click event, its not opening the fileopenpicker. I've verified the steps in the tutorial. I verified the event was set under properties, that the event was created, and I even renamed the button (it had no name previously per the tutorial >.<), and added a Handles keyword. Still no-go.

Using breakpoints I've verified that when clicking the button the click event is not called, or at least that it doesn't stop at the breakpoint.

Anyone have a possible explanation for this? Is there an add-on package I am missing from my system, or did I simply make a mistake in my copy-paste spree.

I've included my current project for those who have win8. I removed the Bin folder as usual. I removed the Handles keyword that I had added which had no effect. Other than the name of the button everything 'should' be the same as the tutorial. Thanks for any help given.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If you're wrong, you'll learn. If I'm wrong, I'll learn. Try something new and go from there. That's how we improve.

CodeBank: VB.Net - Simple Proper Image Scaling in Correct Aspect Ratio - Star Rating Control
    Useful Links: HOW TO USE CODE TAGS

Re: VS 2012 Store App Question & Where to Post.

Odd.. I wait half an hour, and now it works... I'm so confused. probably just a glitch... or it could be that deleting the bin folder and re-compiling it did the trick. anyways problem solved. but I would still like to know where to post questions like this in the future.

If you're wrong, you'll learn. If I'm wrong, I'll learn. Try something new and go from there. That's how we improve.

CodeBank: VB.Net - Simple Proper Image Scaling in Correct Aspect Ratio - Star Rating Control
    Useful Links: HOW TO USE CODE TAGS

PowerPoster

Re: VS 2012 Store App Question & Where to Post.

I believe this is the right place, at least until higher activity produces a reason to split out subtopic forums.