Thread: Login standard module

Frenzied Member

Login standard module

I have a standard login control. I have a cookie, that is working fine, that is imported, fine.
    But I want to make it so the user will be directly logged in instead of this button that he needs to click, see attached image.
    What is the code, that by default is submitted in the login control, because then I will just do a check in page_load:

If username <> "" then
    [login code]
    end if

Any good ideas?

I have just used the standard login control, so I dont know the code applied to the Log in button, but it works. But how do I call it in a page_load like written above?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

King of sapila

Re: Login standard module

Quote Originally Posted by hpl View Post
    But I want to make it so the user will be directly logged in instead of this button that he needs to click, see attached image.
    I don't understand what you want exactly.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Frenzied Member

Sorry for being unclear!
    From the image I have attached, I want to force a push on the Log In button, if the username and password is filled out from the cookie. What is the method to call from this standard login? There is no code shown related to the LoginButton_click, so it must be something standard in the control running in the background.

King of sapila

I think what you want is not actually push the login button but when the page loads, read the login cookie and see if it's not expired and the credentials are in place, so you can redirect your user to the main page.
    I think that makes more sense rather that the cookie auto fill the text boxes and auto perform a click.
    Anyhow i can't really be of help here because i haven't ever tried something like that so i would just have googled around, as i suppose is what you are doing.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Frenzied Member

Yes this is just what I want. Any other good suggestions on how to solve this issue from others`?