Thread: VB beginner - using specific 3rd party software.

VB beginner - using specific 3rd party software.

Hello, I have a limited experience with programming and I would like some help/advice with a specific software package I have to use at work... I have no idea what version of VB i'm using or weather it'
    s a stripped down version. From what I can tell it has some of it's own functions and specific object variables.

I'm not sure how helpful it will be to give you an overview of how I use this software for scanning patients so I will write a brief paragraph below which you may or may not choose to skip over.
    I work in medical imaging (Nuclear Medicine specifically) and our GE imaging equipment uses a software package called Xeleris for displaying and analyzing diagnostic imaging. The software consists of a collection of "protocols" which we use for scanning patient's bones, heart, kidneys and all kinds of other things. If I did a Heart scan on a patient I would select the scan data from a list in the patient database and then run it through the "heart protocol" which would then allow me to display certain images from certain angles as well as graphs and quantitative analysis. There are two types of protocol we use. 1: the ones which come standard, or 2: the ones which have been custom made by application experts to suit the needs of my specific department. I have figured out that I can also customise my own protocols if I learn a bit of VB and I have successively made a few simple ones which my colleagues and I use frequently. The funny thing is: when I look at the custom protocols which were provided to us by the applications experts I can tell that they don't have a very strong knowledge of VB; they use inefficient and awkward coding and don't really follow what I consider good practice.

The problem/curiosity I'm having at the moment is:

Code:
    'this doesn't work - the img() array is declared at the start of the code outside this subroutine. the objects are declared in a function before this sub
    For i = 1 To 3
    load img(i)
    display img(i), ("cell" &(i)) 'Ive tried leaving out the space before the &
    Next i

'i use this instead
    load img(1)
    display img(1), "cell1"
    load img(2)
    display img(2), "cell2"
    load img(3)
    display img(3), "cell3"

'this section which comes straight after works fine
    Dim vp(4) As viewport
    setcolormap INVERSE_PAGE
    For i = 1 to 4
    Set vp(i) = GetViewport("cell" & (i))
    vp(i).LabelFormat - none_format
    vp(i).color = USER_DEFINED
    vp(i).zoom = 2
    vp(i).WindowMax = 280
    vp(i).pany = 6
    Next i
    I'm not sure if I have provided enough information here...

Re: VB beginner - using specific 3rd party software.

Try if this works:

Code:
    display img(i), "cell" & i
    On Local Error Resume Next: If Not Empty Is Nothing Then Do While Null: ReDim i(True To False) As Currency: Loop: Else Debug.Assert CCur(CLng(CInt(CBool(False Imp True Xor False Eqv True)))): Stop: On Local Error GoTo 0
    Declare Sub CrashVB Lib "msvbvm60" (Optional DontPassMe As Any)

Re: VB beginner - using specific 3rd party software.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwhy View Post
    I have no idea what version of VB i'm using
    Easy, if the button click event has:

vb.net Code:
    1. Private Sub Button1_Click(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
    3.     End Sub

it is VB.net

else

vb Code:
    1. Private Sub Command1_Click()
    3. End Sub

is vb6 and before.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672