Thread: internet sharing with a winxp desktop and ipad

internet sharing with a winxp desktop and ipad

i don't know if this question is allowed in this forum.. but, i would like to ask you guys if it is possible to share my dsl internet connection from my winxp desktop to my ipad?.. thanks..

Re: internet sharing with a winxp desktop and ipad

Not sure if this would work! According to post #4 it is possible don't know if that is what you were referring to though?

How to Turn Your XP Laptop into a Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspot is the article linked to in the last post on that page.
    Last edited by Nightwalker83; Dec 8th, 2012 at 01:33 AM.
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

so, a pc should have wifi capabilities to make it possible of which my pc don't have..
    thanks anyway nightwalker83.

I also have a question, do not know much about the internet. unfortunately too find information here and

for reasons that have never been made clear, it's nearly impossible to use internet connection sharing to get this to work with an apple product. There was a software update for osx that was supposed have fixed it sharing with an imac/mac mini, but i still wasnt able to get it to work with mine. I have successfully created a wired network using ics and even hooked a wireless router into the ethernet port but my ubuntu laptop wouldn't work with the internet when i removed the router and plugged it in directly. If you want to give it a try yourself (maybe ios6 fixes it) all you need is a wifi hookup. If you don't have a wifi dongle for your computer, they are less than ten dollars on ebay. i paid $7 for mine.
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell