Thread: Need Help - Willing to pay $

Need Help - Willing to pay $

Hello, I need help writing an application that I'm working on, I need someone who atleast has 20,000 posts on this forum site, or someone who has knowledge of ways to connect to the internet using a proxy with the click of a button. please add me on skype if you are interested. Skype: og.i.monsterz

PowerPoster

Re: Need Help - Willing to pay $

LOL, how would the number of posts make any difference at all? Just because someone has a high post count doesn't mean they know what they are doing any more than a low post count means they do not. The fact is that many posters ask lots of dumb questions and get a high post count where as others may be very knowledgable yet not post very often or just joined or whatever. Of course there are a few who know a lot and have been posting here for a very long time so they both know what they are doing and have a high post count but the number of posts a user has on any given forum is by no means a measure of thier programming knowledge or capability.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    LOL, how would the number of posts make any difference at all? Just because someone has a high post count doesn't mean they know what they are doing any more than a low post count means they do not. The fact is that many posters ask lots of dumb questions and get a high post count where as others may be very knowledgable yet not post very often or just joined or whatever. Of course there are a few who know a lot and have been posting here for a very long time so they both know what they are doing and have a high post count but the number of posts a user has on any given forum is by no means a measure of thier programming knowledge or capability.

Good luck
    I'm sorry, didn't think about it. You, how ever didnt have to be so rude about it. I can't stand people like you.

King of sapila

Hi.
    First of all LOL. He wasn't rude but your answer cracked me.
    Now, there is a job seeking section in this forum you can ask, please go here:
    http://www.vbforums.com/forumdisplay...ons-%28Jobs%29
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

By the way, if you go to the member list you can see that there are only about 10 people on the forum who have post counts greater than 20,000. That's a pretty small pool to draw from. Furthermore, in some cases, post counts are pretty much a measure of longevity. You might consider a different metric, such as posts count/years present, or months present, but that metric, if taken alone, is even less reliable than total post count, as it could bring up people who have posted a huge amount in this year, but only because they were asking a lot of new questions. Therefore, you'd be better off factoring in total post count along with a posting rate. Good luck trying to make that meaningful, though, since it ends up being a fairly complex algorithm.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

Nah, he just go for you,JMC,tech,Gep and a few more, problem solved.

I'm not over 20k, yet, so I don't qualify.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

You can start making posts and asking questions and you will be there soon.Loot the cash also $$$

I'm about to be a PowerPoster! Joacim Andersson's Avatar

Moved to the Project Requests forum.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Surely if you're looking for ability you want to look at a users rating. It's still far from a perfect measure but at least that's what it's intended for.

You, how ever didnt have to be so rude about it.
    I really don't think DataMiser was being rude. He was just trying to point out to you that the measure you were about to use wouldn't necessarilyu have produced the outcome you desired.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd