Thread: [RESOLVED] Inno installer, run another installer as part of install, show 2nd installer progress

Resolved [RESOLVED] Inno installer, run another installer as part of install, show 2nd installer progress

I have an Inno script that checks for the .Net 4.0 Client Framework and will run the 4.0 FW WebInstaller (bundled in my installer, ran from temp directory) if the end user does not have the 4.0 FW installed. This works fine, but when I test it on an XP VM that does not have the 4.0 FW installed, I notice that it does not show the 4.0 FW installer on the screen, I can see it running in the taskmanager but it does not show any kind of progress or the 4.0 installer's window at all, thus it looks like my installer is hanging. I would like it to show the 4.0 FW installer window, but I don't know what I need to add to my script to do that.

Code:
    [Files]
    Source: "dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe"; DestDir: {tmp}; Flags: ignoreversion deleteafterinstall

[Run]
    Filename: {tmp}\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe; Description: Install Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0;    Parameters: /q /noreboot; Flags: skipifdoesntexist; Check: ShouldInstalldotNET40

[Code]
    var dotNET40Missing: Boolean; // Is the .NET 4.0 Framework missing entirely?

function InitializeSetup(): Boolean;
    begin
        // Test the presence of .NET 4.0
        if (not(RegKeyExists(HKLM, 'SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\v4'))) then
            dotNET40Missing := True;

Result := True;
    end;

function ShouldInstalldotNET40(): Boolean;
    begin
        Result := dotNET40Missing;
    end;
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows

Re: [RESOLVED] Inno installer, run another installer as part of install, show 2nd ins

Stupidest thing overlooked, I needed to take out the /q from the parameters portion:
    Code:
    [Run]
    Filename: {tmp}\dotNetFx40_Full_setup.exe; Description: Install Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0;    Parameters: /noreboot; Flags: skipifdoesntexist; Check: ShouldInstalldotNET40
    Currently using VS 2015 Enterprise on Win10 Enterprise x64.

CodeBank: All ThreadsColors ComboBoxFading & Gradient FormMoveItemListBox/MoveItemListViewMultilineListBoxMenuButtonToolStripCheckBoxStart with Windows