Thread: External harddrive into laptop

External harddrive into laptop

I have a WD Mybook 1tb that isn't working, at first the it would switch on but the usb connector had come off so had to open it up and put it back on with a solder. Anyway put it all back together and it wouldn't turn on anymore. Was very careful with the harddrive which is not near the part i was fixing so still should be fine.

But i just need to know if anyone knows of any usb to sata cables or something so i can get stuff off it. Or is it not possible?

Re: External harddrive into laptop

Why not replace the internal hard drive?
    when you quote a post could you please do it via the "Reply With Quote" button or if it multiple post click the "''+" button then "Reply With Quote" button.
    If this thread is finished with please mark it "Resolved" by selecting "Mark thread resolved" from the "Thread tools" drop-down menu.
    https://get.cryptobrowser.site/30/4111672

i have a universal adapter i got off ebay for $7 or so. here's an example listing. the cable works with all hard drives no matter the size or plug type. http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-I...item3f0c5f9149
    My light show youtube page (it's made the news) www.youtube.com/@artnet2twinkly
    Contact me on the socials www.facebook.com/lordorwell

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orwell View Post
    i have a universal adapter i got off ebay for $7 or so. here's an example listing. the cable works with all hard drives no matter the size or plug type. http://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-0-to-I...item3f0c5f9149
    looks perfect thanks heaps will get right onto it. Very handy to have around!

you can also replace the rack the HDD are placed inside with a new one, I had the same problem and it worked when I bought a new rack.

same here.... I had an external that went belly up on me.... got a new external HDD enclusure w/ USB connector... opened the bad one up, took the HD out, stuffed it into the new enclosure... and Bam! been working great for me for the last 10 months... lot longer than it lasted originally.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *