Thread: Jquery and database

Hybrid View

Hyperactive Member

Jquery and database

hi all

I wanted to use show slide show in jquery slider format ...I have database where one table hold all images

i know how to get images from database but no idea how to move in slide format using jquery .help required ..

Thanks

Re: Jquery and database

Fetch the image urls from db. Then use these in your IMG elements, which you have attached the slider plugin to. You could use either echoing the url at page load from PHP or some other server side language. Or, if you are using AJAX, then you could assign them directly via the jQuery's attr() method on the IMG elements, passing the url for the SRC attribute.

There are plenty of jQuery sliders out there. Some are free and some are commercial. Make use of Google to find one suitable for you. Orelse, try creating one of yourself. jQuery Cycle plugin might come in handy for this. Have a look at it too.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...

Hyperactive Member

thanks

can u suggest any tutorial related to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by dot_net_help View Post
    thanks

can u suggest any tutorial related to it!!
    Try doing a quick search in Google. I found plenty of tutorials and jQuery plugins.

If my post was helpful to you, then express your gratitude using Rate this Post.
    And if your problem is SOLVED, then please Mark the Thread as RESOLVED (see it in action - video)
    My system: AMD FX 6100, Gigabyte Motherboard, 8 GB Crossair Vengance, Cooler Master 450W Thunder PSU, 1.4 TB HDD, 18.5" TFT(Wide), Antec V1 Cabinet

Social Group: VBForums - Developers from India

Skills: PHP, MySQL, jQuery, VB.Net, Photoshop, CodeIgniter, Bootstrap,...