Thread: [RESOLVED] Passing Command Line Arguments in Debud Using Immediate Window

Resolved [RESOLVED] Passing Command Line Arguments in Debud Using Immediate Window

I have a small project which received two command line arguments when it's called. But there is something not right with the code and it's crashing with this very strange error message. So I am attempting to launch the Main sub in Module1 using the imediate window to see what's up. I tried this:

Code:
    Main C:\Inetpub\maildrop\Drop1\6b08c16101cdc68800000006.eml APS
    and it tells me the Method arguments must be enclosed in paranthesis, so I added parenthesis like this:

Code:
    Main (C:\Inetpub\maildrop\Drop1\6b08c16101cdc68800000006.eml APS)
    and it tells me ')' expected....so I then did this:

Code:
    Main '(C:\Inetpub\maildrop\Drop1\6b08c16101cdc68800000006.eml APS)'
    Oh boy...the program then tried to run but during the break I opened the watch window to check the values for the arguments and all it's telling me is

my.Application.CommandLineArgs(0) {"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index"} System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
    my.Application.CommandLineArgs(1) {"Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
    Parameter name: index"} System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
    So what's the key to passing command line arguments through the imediate window? I can do it from the command line but get the same error message.

P9 : pszqoadhx1u5zahbhohghldgiy4qixhx

Re: Passing Command Line Arguments in Debud Using Immediate Window

Okay, once again the solution reveals itself. The command line arguments can be set in the Debug window of the Project Properties. Stumbled upon this one after I posted.