in winsock chat server command6 button am trying to do this

Private Sub Command6_Click()
    Dim num As Integer
    For num = 0 To List1.ListCount - 1
    wsServer(CInt(lstUsers.List(num))).SendData "COMMAND_KICK"

DoEvents
    Next num
    End Sub

then COMMAND_KICK value sends out disconnect command to client side disconnecting client

when i click the command6 it disconnects all clients in list1 i only want to disconnect selected list1 users please help

PowerPoster

Re: winsock chat server help

You don't need to send disconnect to client. Just close the client's socket from the server. This will cause the client's socket Close event to fire and in that event you can MsgBox client that he has been booted and also clear out the chat panel of the client. If you would read the code I gave you, you would see that and you wouldn't need to even have posted this thread.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Addicted Member

Re: winsock chat server help

jmsrickland sir i have your source i only request 1 thing in your source add 1 chatroom in listbox when double clicked the chatroom on list1 then user changed room please