Thread: Internet Form - Supplying File Names to be uploaded by form.

Angry Internet Form - Supplying File Names to be uploaded by form.

Howdy All,

Completing a web form using VB6 is pretty straight forward. Supplying file names (images) that the form needs to upload however is a "different kettle of fish" as one would say. Is it at all possible to supply these file names? If so how would I do this?

Example Popup from web page:
    Name:  Folder.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  29.0 KB

Thanks for your help.

-Barry

Re: Internet Form - Supplying File Names to be uploaded by form.

I think you can specify the filters (not sure how, but surely it's possible) ... but I don't think you can specify the name... if you think about it, it makes sense... otherwise, what's stopping me from creating a file tag, with "yourBankInfo.txt" as the file name, making it hidden, and when you then submit the form, the file would go with it... short of it is, that it would allow someone to snag files off of someone's drive w/o them knowing it, a clear security breach. Now... if you need a specific file, set the filter to the correct type, then add a label or something next to the file/upload/select/what ever you called it button that gives the name of the file looking for.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Thank you.

PowerPoster

for some applications (particularly screen dumps for vbforums), i put the filepath/name into the clipboard, then can just paste and click enter
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

yeah, I do that too... but that's human action... I think the OP wanted to specify the filename automatically... from his site so that others don't have to.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Yep. Automatically is the way I want to go. Thank you