Thread: Noob Question : Doevents?

Red face Noob Question : Doevents?

'English aint my first language
    Helloooooo,
    i was reading post in this forum anddddd
    Ive realise that many people add Doevents in their command ( in Timer & Loop thigny? )
    I never used Doevents, so my question Is :

What's DoEvents ? What is his fonction ?
    Ive tryed to read some thing on google but it wasnt so clear

Well thanks for your time !

PowerPoster

Re: Noob Question : Doevents?

Usually you will see DoEvents in a loop. It allows the system to take care of other things while you are in the loop. If you don't put a DoEvent in a loop, especially a lengthy loop nothing else can take place until the loop ends. What do you think will happen if you get stuck in a loop and your loop does not have a DoEvents in it? You can't get out of the loop unless you kill the program. So by putting a DoEvent in that loop you could add a button that will allow you to either break out of the loop or examine what is taking place. Without the DoEvent the button or any other control is useless until the loop ends.

Anything I post is an example only and is not intended to be the only solution, the total solution nor the final solution to your request nor do I claim that it is. If you find it useful then it is entirely up to you to make whatever changes necessary you feel are adequate for your purposes.

Re: Noob Question : Doevents?

oh i get it now
    thanks for your help ! ))
    =D