dcsimg

Thread: On-Screen Numpad

Hyperactive Member DavesChillaxin's Avatar

Cool On-Screen Numpad

Description: This is simply a form and other controls manipulated to act as though to be an on-screen numpad.

Update (11/13/2012 7:00PM)
    Gave the numpad a little style.
    Fixed bug when closing the numpad using the close button (originally was never there to begin with).
    Selected text is replaceable now.

Note: This was originally designed for a specific project, and was stripped down today of its styles and "extra" functionality. Also the style in which it acts was by design also. I had originally wanted the user to enter the value temporarily then pass it over to the receiving text field. However, this can be changed. Feel free to ask how if you cannot figure it out.

enjoy!

This project demonstrates the following..
    The use of SetParent function.
    Nothing more than simple control manipulations and the basics in good practice in this one!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by DavesChillaxin; Nov 12th, 2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: added descriptions
    Please rate if my post was helpful!
    Per favore e grazie!

Code Bank:
    Advanced Algebra Class *Update | True Gradient Label Control *Dev | A Smarter TextBox *Update | Register Global HotKey *Update
    Media Library Beta *Dev | Mouse Tracker (Available in VB.net and C#.net) *New | On-Screen Numpad (VB.net) *New

Re: On-Screen Numpad

I can't find the file in your zip file

Thank-you for the example, it was excatly what I needed to solve my issue. I was able to modify to work with a label which is what I needed for my application. I have a user control that I am developing that is a label and now I am wondering how to add your On Sceen Numpad in to the user control so that it would be one control.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by pogiako111 View Post
    I can't find the file in your zip file
    what file?

There wont be an executable files, those are deleted. Open the project then compile it.
    Per favore e grazie!

Code Bank:
    Advanced Algebra Class *Update | True Gradient Label Control *Dev | A Smarter TextBox *Update | Register Global HotKey *Update
    Media Library Beta *Dev | Mouse Tracker (Available in VB.net and C#.net) *New | On-Screen Numpad (VB.net) *New

Quote Originally Posted by WTP31 View Post
    I am wondering how to add your On Sceen Numpad in to the user control so that it would be one control.

Thanks again.
    I'm not quite sure how possible this would be in it's current state. It may take some major modifications to accomplish, but when I have some time I'll definitely look into it.

Also you're best bet would be to use 2 user controls (instead of forms) but then the numpad and all it's transparency glory will be lost. To give this kind of transparency effect to a control is rather difficult (put this together quick for a much larger project at work) But now that it's on my free time I'll look into making this a control for you as well.
    Per favore e grazie!

Code Bank:

Thanks for the reply. I am all set now. When I add my control to a new project the popup still works.