Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,160 of 3756

Thread: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Fanatic Member

Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Quote Originally Posted by Krool View Post
    Do you have SnapToGrid disabled? Also happen on Icon view instead of Tile View?
    Negative. Settings are/were as in attachment.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Tech99 View Post
    Negative. Settings are/were as in attachment.
    Try with setting SnapToGrid to False.

Fanatic Member

Try with setting SnapToGrid to False.
    Yes - without SnapToGrid it doesn't push items in forward, but no worky either, as items are not ordered.

Dragged item stays where it is dropped, without added empty space to position item between items, likewise no removed empty space where the item was positioned before drag operation.

PowerPoster

Yes - without SnapToGrid it doesn't push items in forward, but no worky either, as items are not ordered.

Dragged item stays where it is dropped, without added empty space to position item between items, likewise no removed empty space where the item was positioned before drag operation.
    I think for your purpose you need some kind of manual mode d&d. Like it is used in the Demo on the TreeView.
    Start dragging and drop per InsertMark.

Fanatic Member

I think for your purpose you need some kind of manual mode d&d. Like it is used in the Demo on the TreeView.
    Start dragging and drop per InsertMark.
    Have to code it that way then.

btw... OleDragDropScroll = False - setting, does not have an effect as items are still scrolling down, when items are dragged down.

PowerPoster

Have to code it that way then.

btw... OleDragDropScroll = False - setting, does not have an effect as items are still scrolling down, when items are dragged down.
    That property means scrolling the scrollbar when drag near the border, not item scrolling down.

Hyperactive Member

Hi Krool,

I have been stumped for the past several hours and still not finding where the problem lies.

I am using the Std-EXE. I just place a LabelW in the startup form and in Form_Load I have only SetupVisualStyles Me, and this is the only code in the project nothing else.

I run the project and it is my bad habit (have to change this) to always click the stop button on the IDE. Usually this may not be a problem but in this case, it is always. This is not a problem with ComCtlsDemo.Then I get the error:

Debug.Assert CBool(OldPointer <> NewPointer) in Sub CreateSubclass in VTableSubclass.

If I were to put only a FrameW and nothing else, I get the same error.

I think it is something simple but I am not getting it. Any help will be appreciated.

Edit: Usually after asking for help on a stupid problem, the answer finally come itself. I should make Startup Object as Sub Main, instead of MainForm. Problem solved.
    Last edited by chosk; Sep 8th, 2016 at 11:02 AM.

"Not available for the moment, due to forum policy. Please PM me to get it by another way.
    Revision count will be updated here, for your reference."

So... If I got it in proper manner, to get the latest version of the controls, is to ask for them?
    to who? and by what way?

Or I am missing something?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by padbravo View Post
    "Not available for the moment, due to forum policy. Please PM me to get it by another way.
    Revision count will be updated here, for your reference."

So... If I got it in proper manner, to get the latest version of the controls, is to ask for them?
    to who? and by what way?

Or I am missing something?
    You are missing the part, where it says to PM him.
    Click on his name user name "Krool"
    Click "Private Message"
    Type in a message to ask him to email or send you a download link.

Hi Krool! I just stumbled upon this thread - Wow! Is this set of controls all your creation? I've been wanting to hack up VB's controls forever, and it looks like you've done it, the right way! The biggest one for me is Unicode support: VB ends up eating 2 bytes for every string character you store, but you get no benefit from it. And then you have to suffer conversion back and forth from Unicode to ANSI and back...What were they thinking?
    Can I download and test your current version? Some more questions:
    1. Do you accept bug fixes?
    2. Do you consider/accept compatible enhancements to original functionality? (Enhancements that were not intended functionality, broken or otherwise?)
    3. How close are you on completing your goals for this project? In other words, are you just doing bugfixes at this stage, or do you have a lot more to add?

You should sell this code - I'd be happy to pay for corrected functionality, after suffering MS' original offerings for many years. I know everyone has gone .NET, but I just can't get my head around that idea. VB's simplicity and feel just cannot be beaten. You've effectively built VB7

Thanks in advance.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by KurtB View Post
    Can I download and test your current version?
    Sure.

1. Do you accept bug fixes?
    Feel free to report anything you like. Here public or private by PM.

2. Do you consider/accept compatible enhancements to original functionality? (Enhancements that were not intended functionality, broken or otherwise?)
    Yes

3. How close are you on completing your goals for this project? In other words, are you just doing bugfixes at this stage, or do you have a lot more to add?
    I am developing an MSFlexGrid replacement. (with more features and with bugfixes)
    But that will be in a separate project. Not linked to this set of controls.
    Concerning this project, I think the set of controls seems to be complete. However, bugfix support will be continued and also some more features, if necessary.
    For example right-to-left support for all controls is still missing and is in work right now.

Tks for the observation, DexWerx, also to Krool...

Smile Re: CommonControls (Replacement of the MS common controls)

Sure.

Feel free to report anything you like. Here public or private by PM.

Yes

I am developing an MSFlexGrid replacement. (with more features and with bugfixes)
    But that will be in a separate project. Not linked to this set of controls.
    Concerning this project, I think the set of controls seems to be complete. However, bugfix support will be continued and also some more features, if necessary.
    For example right-to-left support for all controls is still missing and is in work right now.
    Sounds good. How exactly do I download your files? When I click on the link, the forum replies with this:
    Not available for the moment, due to forum policy. Please PM me to get it by another way.
    Revision count will be updated here, for your reference.
    I tried to PM you, but I couldn't figure out how to do that either. I have a feeling that I'm being an idiot... Honestly, I did not read the 29 pages in this thread. Any help would be appreciated. I will be sure to thoroughly test your work, in return for your help Question about the FlexGrid: Will it provide cell editing capabilities? That's the most sorely missed control from the original set. I imagine I'm not the only guy to try to dynamically fit text boxes over grid cells - ugh!

Thanks again for what you do - it's like a dream come true.

PowerPoster

Proper Scrollbars and a Virtual Databound mode are probably more missed, than editing a flexgrid.

Also the link to download all the code - is at the bottom of the first post.

Look... I was in the same situation as you...
    "PM" means "send a private message", so, in order to get the download link, you need to send a private message to Krool, asking him to pass you a download link, not by "email" but in a message delivered to your inbox inside this site.

In order to do it:

You are missing the part, where it says to PM him.
    Click on his name user name "Krool"
    Click "Private Message"
    Type in a message to ask him to email or send you a download link.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DEXWERX View Post
    Proper Scrollbars and a Virtual Databound mode are probably more missed.
    Yes.
    And sorting capabilities.

editing a flexgrid.
    Yes, placing a textbox over a cell is the easiest job.
    Also I'm against such comfort, as in my usage other things than just editing a cell can happen.
    E.g. selecting a color or showing a popup menu...

When it comes to a flexgrid, we should wait until Krool opens a separate thread for it.
    Before this thread becomes unreadable...

Karl

PowerPoster

Proper Scrollbars and a Virtual Databound mode are probably more missed, than editing a flexgrid.
    Proper scrollbars. Haha, very true. It is a shame that MSHFlexGrid have problems when scrolling beyond 65,535 rows.
    But enough now. As Karl77 mentioned the discussion gets off-topic.

Hi

I am trying to download these controls but not able to find the PM option to contract Krool. Is this component information available anywhere else on the .net?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris1969 View Post
    Hi

I am trying to download these controls but not able to find the PM option to contract Krool. Is this component information available anywhere else on the .net?
    Me too ! I've just registered to this forum to be able to send the PM, but that option is not listed when clicking on "Krool". I have only "View profile" and "View forum posts" available.
    Can it be that the account is too "fresh" ?

Edited: After few hours (or posting this message), the option suddenly appeared. So I guess, you just have to be patient
    Last edited by milan.opa; Sep 27th, 2016 at 06:53 AM.

PowerPoster

Are you able to download the controls from the first post? All the controls are downloadable at the bottom the first post.
    The "Demo" includes all the code.
    You only need to PM Krool if you want the distributable OCX.

Are you able to download the controls from the first post? All the controls are downloadable at the bottom the first post.
    The "Demo" includes all the code.
    You only need to PM Krool if you want the distributable OCX.
    Yes, I wasn't aware that it is the source code of the project. Thank you.

PowerPoster

Major update released.

The right-to-left properties are now implemented, beside some minor and one critical bugfix.

All controls (except ImageList, IPAddress, MCIWnd, HotKey and SysInfo control) includes now a RightToLeft and RightToLeftMode property.
    Some controls includes in addition a RightToLeftLayout property.

The effect is different on each control.
    But in general the RightToLeft property enables bi-directional reading and the RightToLeftLayout property turns on mirror placement.
    If RightToLeftLayout is enabled, it is only active when also the RightToLeft property is enabled. (Like in .net)

The RightToLeftMode property controls of how the RightToLeft property should be checked.
    It can be set to following:
    - NoControl
    - VBAME
    - SystemLocale
    - UserLocale
    - OSLanguage

VBAME means the check will be done by VB itself. (effectively by VBAME.DLL)
    Last edited by Krool; Sep 28th, 2016 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by milan.opa View Post
    Me too ! I've just registered to this forum to be able to send the PM, but that option is not listed when clicking on "Krool". I have only "View profile" and "View forum posts" available.
    Can it be that the account is too "fresh" ?

Edited: After few hours (or posting this message), the option suddenly appeared. So I guess, you just have to be patient
    Glad I'm not the only one! I've been trying for the last week to figure out why I had no option to sen a PM either.
    For any other newbies to the forum, I'm assuming you must post first before you get the PM option. (Hence this post ).

This set of controls are awesome and have renewed my zeal to keep using VB6 for development.
    Last edited by dudley; Sep 28th, 2016 at 10:04 PM.

Fanatic Member

Major update released.
    The right-to-left properties are now implemented, beside some minor and one critical bugfix.
    I'm not very interested in RTL, but would like to know what the bugfixes are...

Karl

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dudley View Post
    Glad I'm not the only one! I've been trying for the last week to figure out why I had no option to sen a PM either.
    For any other newbies to the forum, I'm assuming you must post first before you get the PM option. (Hence this post ).

This set of controls are awesome and have renewed my zeal to keep using VB6 for development.

With new control, like Lavolpe (Alpha Image) wich allow us to use PNG in vb6 and This new set of control, I too intend to keep develloping in Vb6. I think I will post my "Microsoft Access" Library soon. It is a Wrapper around ADO wich simplify Database related activity. Maybe if Krool want to join me, I'll build a web site just for this purpose

interested Krool ?
    Last edited by VbNetMatrix; Sep 29th, 2016 at 07:10 AM. Reason: typo

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by VbNetMatrix View Post
    With new control, like Lavolpe (Alpha Image) wich allow us to use PNG in vb6 and This new set of control, I too intend to keep develloping in Vb6. I think I will post my "Microsoft Access" Library soon. It is a Wrapper around ADO wich simplify Database related activity. Maybe if Krool want to join me, I'll build a web site just for this purpose

interested Krool ?
    ADO is so simple, I just haven't seen a need for another abstraction.
    The only VB6 ORM I know of is here --> http://www.hisystems.com.au/databaseobjects/

@Karl77 from the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by KROOL
    28-Sep-2016
    - Fixed a critical bug in the 'Bands' property page in the CoolBar control that was caused by update on 07-Jul-2016.
    - Included the RightToLeft and RightToLeftMode property on supported controls.
    - Included the RightToLeftLayout property on some controls. (where mirror placement is applicable)
    - Included the RightToLeftMirror property in the ImageList control.
    If enabled, an list image is drawn mirrored on a right-to-left device context (WS_EX_LAYOUTRTL) to preserve directional-sensitivity.
    - Some internal improvements to ensure right-to-left support. (e.g. use of MapWindowPoints instead of the ScreenToClient)
    - Bugfix in the TextBoxW control that the horizontal scrollbar could disappear on certain conditions.
    - Removed the Orientation property in the SpinBox control.
    - The internal tooltip in the ListView control respects now changes in the VisualStyles property.
    - Renamed the CalendarRightAligned property to 'CalendarAlignment' in the DTPicker control.

Addicted Member

ADO is so simple, I just haven't seen a need for another abstraction.
    The only VB6 ORM I know of is here --> http://www.hisystems.com.au/databaseobjects/

@Karl77 from the first post.
    Simple.... yes I guess it is. But are you using ADO with embeded control ? or manual ?
    Because with manual utilisation, there is so much you need to take care of.
    My control for example will tell you if you forgot to close a table of a database on leaving and you can therefore fix your code before it go into production.

Also, my control doesn't allow you to "try" to send the wrong data type into a field, it check it before trying to write into the Db. it also Autoload all table and field into memory before you even open a table, allowing you to know exactly the database composition. I also can open any Access Database without the password. (sorry if MS screwed the security on that one) I did that component because it is almost impossible to make a mistake that will crash your program with it. it got error handle all over. It support up to Access 2010 format (2013 is 2010 format)

PowerPoster

Update released.

Now ListSubItems can display a ToolTipText. Also the ShowLabelTips property works as expected.
    Problem with the ShowLabelTips property was that LVS_EX_LABELTIP should be the style bit which indicates if partially hidden labels lacks tool tip text, the ListView will unfold the label.
    However, even if the LVS_EX_LABELTIP style bit is removed, the ListView insists on displaying the label tip. Therefore it must be an MS bug.

To solve this it was necessary to check for LVS_EX_LABELTIP on TTN_GETDISPINFO and TTN_SHOW in the ListView and on LVN_GETINFOTIP in the UserControl.
    Also then it was possible to enable ToolTipText support for ListSubItems.
    Last edited by Krool; Oct 1st, 2016 at 03:33 PM.

Addicted Member

Why compressed files can not be extracted it?

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChenLin View Post
    Download and use the current 7ZIP, then it works.
    I also had problems because I used an older 7ZIP from 2015.

Karl

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by ChenLin View Post
    Also ensure to remove the .zip extension from the .z01.zip file. (.z01.zip -> .z01)

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karl77 View Post
    Download and use the current 7ZIP, then it works.
    I also had problems because I used an older 7ZIP from 2015.

Karl
    Thank you, 7ZIP can be directly extracted, this is indeed very good, winzip can not be directly extracted.

Addicted Member

Also ensure to remove the .zip extension from the .z01.zip file. (.z01.zip -> .z01)
    Thank you Krool, according to the operation you said the success of the Karl installation of 7ZIP is very good, very convenient.

Good afternoon,

I need the CommonControls control but I don't know how to contact Krool in private. I try to click on his user name (as suggested in a previous post) but I can see only "view profile" and "view forum posts".

Anyone can help, please?

Thank you,
    Vittorio

All download links are in the 1st post, unless you need something specific.

Hi Arnoutdv,

Thank you for answering. I have tried to go to the first post. When I click to version 1.3 of the ocx I am redirected to another post where there is this message:

Revision count will be updated here, for your reference"

Thank you.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by vitweb View Post
    Hi Arnoutdv,

Thank you for answering. I have tried to go to the first post. When I click to version 1.3 of the ocx I am redirected to another post where there is this message:

Revision count will be updated here, for your reference"

Thank you.
    At the very bottom of the first post is a Download for the Demo files. It contains the source to all the controls.

Great Demo... Thanks!

Hyperactive Member

Hi Krool,

Something went wrong while sending you a private message asking for the OCX version. To avoid bloating your In-Box in case it was sent I'm asking it here, if possible.

Thank you
    Carlos

Need to get a copy of a VB6.exe.manifest to use updated comctl32.dll

Page 29 of 94 FirstFirst ... 19262728293031323979 ... LastLast